Thread: Medway trip this Saturday

Smile Medway trip this Saturday

Hi Folks,

Does anyone fancy joining Laurence and myself for a bimble down the Medway this Saturday? Those nice people in the Met office are putting out little pictures with suns on them all over the place so it seems like a good day to get out if we can.

Tentative plan is to put in at Tonbridge and arrange a car shuttle at Yalding so that we can do the run right down rather than going up and down a section as we normally do. This should be an easy nine miles or so but there are options to do less, or a lot more for anyone feeling particularly energetic.

Rob.
    Happy paddling ,
    Rob.

Hmm, I was planning to paddle Sunday, but maybe Saturday could be arranged. I'll check with the planning department and let you know. Tonbridge to Yalding sounds quite tempting.
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

OK I can make Saturday. Where and when? Tonbridge Swimming Pool car park is where I normally launch from. Between us we should be able to work the shuttle without too much trouble.
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Default Saturday trip to Yalding

Fab ! That's where we're setting from too usually. I've checked the route and reckon it's about 9 miles . What about a 10 am start?
    Rob
    Happy paddling ,
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by gwing View Post
    Fab ! That's where we're setting from too usually. I've checked the route and reckon it's about 9 miles . What about a 10 am start?
    Rob
    That's actually from Laurence not me despite the signature. She's just discovered the smilies so don't read too much nto them - expect her posts to be covered with 'em for a while

10 is fine with me as well but we can do later/earlier as needed.

Rob.
    Happy paddling ,
    Rob.

10:00am suits me fine, but it's a fair distance (I make it more like 10 miles but what the heck) with a lot of portages. I would reckon 4-5 hours on the water plus the time portaging, and not forgetting lunch . Plus the shuttle to sort out at the start. Perhaps we should go for a 9:00am start?
    Matto

Id love to go but im still away in shropshire not back home in kent

without intending hijacking this thread anyone up for arranging a trip in kent between 21st and 26th nov?

Have fun on saturday

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    10:00am suits me fine, but it's a fair distance (I make it more like 10 miles but what the heck) with a lot of portages. I would reckon 4-5 hours on the water plus the time portaging, and not forgetting lunch . Plus the shuttle to sort out at the start. Perhaps we should go for a 9:00am start?
    Actually I've just read that back, 9:00am sounds bit early for the weekend. Maybe 9:30am or am I being a wimp? Maybe we should just stick to 10:00am and paddle harder .
    Matto

I too will check with the planning department and let you know (these planning departments can be tricky and tent to rescind decisions at short notice!!!)

Sorry guys, my twins are 15 this weekend and I will be suffering the indignity of being shot with paintballs on Saturday.

I hope you have a great paddle and I,m sorry to miss you.