Thread: Hammock website

Default Hammock website

Hammock forum new one started as an offshoot of the 'White blaze.net' forum. Just started but may become an interesting resource for those who like to 'hang about'. Hopefully posted in right section, (move if not)!

Nigel

fascinating - I never realised a whole new language has evolved around hammocking - for instance I understand hardly any of what this guy is talking about:

Doubling the quilts....

This is an easy no brainer drill....First close the JRB Nest slit on itself thus making a rectange....Close the JRB No Sniveller head hole, if not already done...cinch all four end cords to about 14-16 inches .... attach both to the same Suspension System and run the HH tie outs through both quilt asym ladder loops ( normally the first loop for all)....

Done....

To enter, walk up to the foot end, push both quilts down and to the left exposing the HH slit....enter, sit, lay back, and pull in the feet....The JRB quilts will return to the propper position automatically...

The top bag will probably be the limiting factor, as this set up places 5 inches of down below the hammock sleeper... With an adequate top bag, single digits and possibly zero are doable....Last winter there were several reports of this rig, some with JRB Weather Shield and some without, going deep into the 20s....

Testing below these experiances is best done with a bailout plan until there are actual test results in the single digits.

JoeC....unless I'm mistaken your NS is actually a Long model....

Long models must be placed inboard of the regular length Nest to equalize the suspension without either drwaing the Nest too tight or having an air pocket above the NS

I have yet to find the beginners section!
    Ryb An Avon.....

I love this site thanks for the link

Try some of the Links on here for hammock info

>> http://www.speerhammocks.com/

MickT
    It'll be right, trust me, I'm a Yorkshireman.

::>>> I'd rather be lucky, than good.

Perhaps we should start a Karrimat forum - no that is a bit too silly and restricted, it should be a "sleeping mat" forum, then it can include all makes of open or closed cell foam mats.

For a starter my sleeping technique - lie down, close eyes.

"First close the JRB Nest slit on itself thus making a rectange....Close the JRB No Sniveller head hole, if not already done...cinch all four end cords to about 14-16 inches .... attach both to the same Suspension System and run the HH tie outs through both quilt asym ladder loops ( normally the first loop for all)...."

The sad thing is that I understood almost all of that. Not sure it's anything to be proud of though!

Another excellent source of info is the hammock camping Yahoo group. If nothing else, it might help you in deciphering the secret code written above!

Blutack.
    The Canoeist's prayer: "Lord grant me the serenity to walk the portages I must, The courage to run the rapids I can, And the wisdom to know the difference".

John Muir Trust - Wild Places for Nature & People.

Quote Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
    Perhaps we should start a Karrimat forum - no that is a bit too silly and restricted, it should be a "sleeping mat" forum, then it can include all makes of open or closed cell foam mats.

For a starter my sleeping technique - lie down, close eyes.
    Sounds good, but can you expand on the lieing down, front, side or back, the closing eyes seems quite straight forward but should we do both together or one at a time?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Sounds good, but can you expand on the lieing down, front, side or back, the closing eyes seems quite straight forward but should we do both together or one at a time?

Ian
    Possibly depends on how good an evening you have had!