Thread: Dagger Sojourn For Sale

Default Dagger Sojourn For Sale

This breaks my heart to have to do this but I have to sell my Sojourn. I feel like I'm selling my granny to the white slave trade but I am being forced to comply with the one in one out rule that means if I want a new canoe I have to sell an existing one.

This a gem of a flat water canoe. Probably not for beginners unless you like swimming but once you get used to the low initial stability a real beauty. Easy to get the gunwales into the water and they'll come right back up again. I've had her completly over on her side while practicing a high brace and yet she still came back upright. Despite what I've read you can solo re-entry even without any outriggers or floats.

A bit slow to turn so not a boat for catching eddies but fine on rivers like the Severn or lower Wye. Very dry on big waves out on open water and will carry enough gear and food for a week if you pack sensibly and don't weigh 20 stone.

Complete with airbags etc. Cared for, stored indoors and only a few scratches on the Royalex.

I'm asking 425 but think she's worth far more. Will deliver to within 50 miles or anywhere else if I'm headed that way anyway at no extra charge.

Please help me find a good home for her...

Chris
    "All right" said Eeyore "We're going. Only don't blame me"

www.canoepaddler.me.uk

damn it
    ive not owned my first boat long enough to justify a second one yet
    will have to wait until my good lady books another sunshine holiday so i can have some leverage

how wide and long is it?
    nature is m X-box

i dont suppose you would consider a swop for a recumbent trike?
    value approx £450 so im told
    Last edited by andym; 2nd-October-2006 at 09:28 PM.
    nature is m X-box

Pity it is'nt an impulse mate I'd have snatched your arm off. Mike B...
    You only have the one life so live it

Default Dagger Sojourn

I'm interested & live in Loughborough
    Could I come & view it this weekend?
    Cheers
    Rob F

Default Dagger canoe

Hi Chris, I am an experienced sea kayaker with limited experience of open canoeing, I am currently due to undertake a few skills courses. Would this boat be ideal for me? I have no problem paddling tippy sea kayaks, though recognise they are different from canoes. I am after a good intro boat which will assist in developing skills & grow with me. Mainly, lake, flatwater use & some river work like Wye , Usk etc. Space also for camp gear for W/E .Would this maybe fit my needs ? Based in S. Wales. Cheers Tony

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Looks like a very fair price indeed.
    No sale this time - but have a bump !

that is one very nice looking Sojourn. Your replacement must be something special to sell it.....................so what will it be?
    If it wasn't for the rain in our lives there would be no rivers. X 2