Thread: New Canoe!!!

Thumbs up New Canoe!!!

Just picked up my new from Graeme at Yorkshire Canoes. (no ties or affiliations etc) excellent price and excellent service .. cheers Graeme.

So I am now just waiting to get a few trips planned I am pretty much a beginner but usually quick to learn, I am hoping to get to the free training mentioned on here.

So if anyone is planning a trip and fancy some company anytime please let me know I will not always be able to get out but I hope to be able to a bit more. Cant wait to get it packed with some gear .

Cheers all.
    Regards

Andy

ps im probably going to be asking loads a dumb questions from now on so please bare with me.

Savanna, Illinois USA-on the banks of the Mississippi River

Great news Scrogger

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic or two and more info on the boat.
    Regards,
    Mike

Nice one Andy

I just laced mine last night so if you want a hand give me a shout while it's still fresh in my mind
    Rich

Thumbs up

Yes was looking at a few with lacing get the jitters thinking about drilling a new boat. I take it you mean the gear lacings at the front and back?
    I think I need a nice new wooden paddle too!! The one I got with my sevvy is not going to look to nice paddling my new green canoe.

But yes help and advice on that will be mint Rich and also where to get the bits from.

Cheers

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Yes was looking at a few with lacing get the jitters thinking about drilling a new boat. I take it you mean the gear lacings at the front and back?
    I think I need a nice new wooden paddle too!! The one I got with my sevvy is not going to look to nice paddling my new green canoe.

But yes help and advice on that will be mint Rich and also where to get the bits from.

Cheers

Andy

I used some 5mm paracord I had lying about and got some 5mm tube from B&Q. Once it's taped up and marked out it doesn't take long.

I've got a pair of wooden paddles you can have for 40 if you're interested.

I'll stick some piccies up in a bit
    Rich

Thats a done deal by the sound of it what sort of paddles are they? I think wooden paddles might just feel better aesthetically. If you can stick up some piccys thats great.

Here we go Andy

Alcide Quessy and Fills Inc, Quebec. The real deal

I asked about them in this thread ..... http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...ghlight=alcide

Somebody else might be able to tell you a bit more about them but I think they're beavertails ? They measure 57" from end to end if that's a good size for you.
    Rich

Well done Andy.

I hope we can meet up for a paddle some time.

I've just added a short blogg for a paddle on the Derwent. Localish to you, might be of interest.

Al

It's a great feeling getting a new canoe - enjoy.

Don't worry about asking questions - the only dumb thing is not asking them.

I'd say don't be in a hurry to drill and lace your canoe. I've had mine for over four years now and haven't found a good reason or need to do it.