Thread: Canoefest (february)

Default Canoefest (february)

Is anyone going on the BearCreek Canoe fest in February?

Has anyone been on it before???

Is it worth the price???

Where is it? I might go, take a look, poach [steal] ideas, spend more money than I have, again.
    Obscured by Clouds

Clipper Prospector 16

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com

Journal Entries

Found a link

http://www.bearcreekadventure.co.uk/canoefest.htm

Sounds good. Unfortunately I cannot make it but if you go mind and tell them about Song of the Paddle

Hmm it's at Glasbury [on the Wye], a couple and a bit hours away - Feb 10th - 12th £120 f/b. tempting.

Has anyone done one of these before? and if so is it suitable for a complete tyro such as myself?

MagiKelly why not drop 'em a line and offer to scratch their back if they scratch yours?
    Obscured by Clouds

Clipper Prospector 16

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com

Went a couple of years ago. Pretty good time and some excellent rivers with water for all levels of paddlers, grade 1 up to 4 for those that want it. Accomodation is good and you are well taken care of. Not as much focus on coaching as at the UK symposium so if all you wanted was to paddle these rivers then you could do so as a group much more cheaply, but it is a good social event. There are plenty of places to stay round there, bunkhouses and YHA to choose from. A group of us are down on the Usk in two weeks time www.canoepaddler.me.uk/usk/page1.htm for pics of last years paddling on grade 2/3 bit.
    "All right" said Eeyore "We're going. Only don't blame me"

www.canoepaddler.me.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Is anyone going on the BearCreek Canoe fest in February?

Has anyone been on it before???

Is it worth the price???
    Would have to be very good at this price...much more than the Symposiums

Default Canoe Fest

Quote Originally Posted by tenboats1
    Would have to be very good at this price...much more than the Symposiums
    again the value of the site bounces off the hmtl pages. being new to the canoe world i no absolutely nothing about these symposiums ... and being hungry to paddle more an more keeping the cost down is crucial

so thanks again to all those who have shared their wisdom and info ... keep it up

cheers

simon
    Play more - Work Less!

Hey I was gonna head over and check this out for the day on Sunday.
    Day rate is £40, and i'm gonna hire a boat ready equipred for white water @ £15 for the day. (I don't think my wooden boat would last long )
    I'm itching to play in some white water, but being billy no mates, I can't risk it on my own, and alll the club trips went before christmas So this is the perfect opportunity with a guide, and get some WW experience before the season is over.
    Hope to see ya there.
    Cheers
    Rich