Thread: 2 day trip on the dee, chester

Default 2 day trip on the dee, chester

does anybody know any good spots to put in at bangor-is-y-coed for a paddle back to chester?
    cheers
    jamie

Default Info on Welsh Rivers

"All right" said Eeyore "We're going. Only don't blame me"

www.canoepaddler.me.uk

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    does anybody know any good spots to put in at bangor-is-y-coed for a paddle back to chester?
    cheers
    jamie
    Jamie, hi mate, i paddle the river dee most weekends but only go as for as chester/farndon so i would also be interested in what you find. ie campsite/pub and places to put in, i am also happy to share what little info i have, good luck in your search.

Jim

Default Bangor is y Coed

You can asses the river in Bangor is-y-coed in the village by the old bridge, thier is a path along side the old church wich gives asses to the river.

It's worth of not that launching here is very visible and I dont believe there is a recognised access agreement for this stretch and thier is an local fishing association who use the banks inhis area and some of the pools down stream.

A better, less visible access point is the laybay on the other side of the river just a few hundered meters down stream of the old bridge, its off the A525 gr 387 456, thier is a gate and I think a style into a fiels that leads to the river. Again access here is at your own judgment. I have launched here for a trip down to Farndon and on to chester, done in a day,

Not sure about camping between Banjor and Farndon river twists and turns though farm land, banks tend to be muddy.

Hope this helps

Andy