Thread: Hi folks

Default Hi folks

Hi everyone,
    Just thought I'd say hello and hopefully make contact with some paddlers out there. Most of my paddling has been in kayaks as well as managing a few open Canadian trips with my son each year but I've really been bitten by the open boat bug and I'm getting out in the Canadian as often as I can now.
    I live in Carluke (South Lanarkshire) so I am quite familiar with the Clyde between New Lanark and Strathclyde Park, so if anyone is up for a paddle on it, or anywhere else for that matter it would be great to hear from you.
    Hope to see you on the water sometime.

Cheers for now,
    Dougie

Welcome again Dougie

There was talk recently of a Clyde trip so I am sure you will have some takers for a paddle. You might want to post a date for a suggested paddle in the meet ups section where it might get noticed more.
    John

We were on the Clyde 2 days ago. It was very low but still paddleable. It would have made a great poling trip at that level (0.5 on the gauge)

We'll be back: anytime you fancy a trip, just say the word. (especially if you want to pole )
    If it wasn't for the rain in our lives there would be no rivers. X 2

Default Hi Tenboats

Thank's for the reply. I was on the Clyde on Saturday and it was a bit on the low side, but still just enough for a bit of a surf at Crossford Bridge. I'll try and keep an eye on the levels and if things improve and you fancy a paddle I'm available Sept 17th, 23rd or 24th. Meantime if you have any better ideas than the Clyde, I'm certainly open to suggestions.
    Incidentally, I've never tried poling - sounds interesting!
    I'll be in touch soon.

Cheers for now,

Dougie.