Thread: Non-stop canoeing race continues

Default Non-stop canoeing race continues

The Devizes to Westminster canoe race enters its second day with the gruelling non-stop event for senior competitors.

More...

about as far west as you can go before getting your feet wet

My back is acheing just reading that!
    I am the author of my own mistakes.... and i have had a few best sellers!

Always fancied this but in a kayak.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by TGB View Post
    Always fancied this but in a kayak.

TGB
    Me too, its just the logistics of organising a support crew and getting the boat back from central London. It seems a very selfish thing to ask someone to drive all that way and park up waiting for you to have all the fun (or rather experience).

Graham

Paddled 17 miles last Saturday, allthough enjoyable seemd to take ages. So the DW is something that I admire in others, but probably won't be taking part in.

Steve
    Had a great time at the Canoe Symposium 2011 - Harry Rock is now my hero.

Default Cangrats to SOTP-ers

Congratulations to SOTP-er 'Anglian Paddler' i.e David T-F and co-paddler Steve S-M 28 hrs 33 mins in a tandem open canoe and 9th in Canadian class. Well done gents!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRich View Post
    Congratulations to SOTP-er 'Anglian Paddler' i.e David T-F and co-paddler Steve S-M 28 hrs 33 mins in a tandem open canoe and 9th in Canadian class. Well done gents!
    I'll second that, well done !

Graham

good on ya guys...
    Xhairs...

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamC View Post
    Me too, its just the logistics of organising a support crew and getting the boat back from central London. It seems a very selfish thing to ask someone to drive all that way and park up waiting for you to have all the fun (or rather experience).
    Not in any fit state at the moment. But if I do get round to the DW, the portage is the only thing I'll want for. Thought I would do it as an early 'birthday paddle'.
    ( For the past eight years, I've spent my birthdays alone, solo paddling without back-up. Two longest 'birthday paddles' to date, 128 miles and 126.5 miles. (All paddling & transport to be done in one 24hr. period, midnight-midnight in October.))

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

Quote Originally Posted by TGB View Post
    Not in any fit state at the moment. But if I do get round to the DW, the portage is the only thing I'll want for. Thought I would do it as an early 'birthday paddle'.
    ( For the past eight years, I've spent my birthdays alone, solo paddling without back-up. Two longest 'birthday paddles' to date, 128 miles and 126.5 miles. (All paddling & transport to be done in one 24hr. period, midnight-midnight in October.))

TGB
    How about the Cheshire ring race in July? (you've got to like canals though)

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamC View Post
    How about the Cheshire ring race in July? (you've got to like canals though)
    That does look most interesting! It's on my list for serious consideration. Thanks for the heads-up.

TGB