Thread: Hello from Uppermill

Default Hello from Uppermill

Hi,
    Just discovered this site. Hope this is the way to introduce myself. I live in Uppermill (mid-way between Manchester and Huddersfield) and would like to make contact with other paddlers in the area.

In the UK I've paddled the Wye, Thames, several of the Lakes and the Erne System in Northern Ireland and some estuaries in South Wales. I've also paddled quite a lot in Western Montana, USA where I used to co-own an Old Town Camper which I managed to wreck on a strainer.

I'd like to explore the rivers in NW England but access seems to be a problem unlike in Montana where there is a legal right to float. I urge everyone to look at the BCU's access campaign and write to their MP to get the law changed - after all the 'Right to Roam' is now law so we need 'Permission to Paddle' as well.

That's all for now. I'll be writing again for info on rivers and paddling instruction.

Cheers,
    Clive

Journal Entries

Welcome Clive. If my geography is correct we should have a few members in your area so I expect you will have no problems finding people to paddle with.

And yes, this is the way to introduce yourself

Hi Clive,
    You've found the right place for info and advice. If it's not here just ask; someone is bound to be able to help. I'm in the NE which isn't a million miles from your neck of the wooods.
    Aslan

Hi Clive, good to know we've got another member in the area, will be good to meet up sometime soon. I'm only down the road in Dalton so should be easy. Good to have you on board. Lee.
    Leone_blanco

Default Hi Clive

Hi Clive
    I'm in Wakefield so not a million miles from you.Welcome to the site there are quite a few members round our region and plenty of places to paddle so hopefully see you on the water at some point.
    Cheers for now Mike B...

im at the bottom of yorkshire in doncaster, maybe see you and some others at a meet sometime in our area9might even forfce some members to come and paddle down my way
    nature is m X-box

Default And a Yorkshire lass

Hi Clive,

I've only recently discovered this site as well. I'm a true Yorkshire lass, living in the West and working in the South. Welcome aboard.

The Troughing Dormouse.