Thread: hello everyone,

Smile hello everyone,

I am back in my prospector open canoe after a break of sadly some years and its great to find this site and all of you. I would be interested in finding out if anyone has tried the bottom of the range tentipee kvarts 5 light, and whether it is any use with an open fire rather than the stove kit. I am planning an outdoor birthday bash and want to reintroduce my daughter to the great outdoors and paddling. She was last on the water with me when she was about 12 and now she is 21 so I want it to be a good experience. Also can anyone recommend a fairly safe voyage for my venture back into the art of river canoeing. I now live in North Yorkshire.

Welcome to Song of the Paddle. I've moved into your introduction to it's own thread.

Can't help with your questions but I am sure others will be able to help out.
    John

Hi Fiona

Welcome back

There are a lot of Yorkshire paddlers, as for trips depends what grade and duration you are after

Cheers Graeme
    SWWC the way forward

Coaching for skills and performance

hello and welcome
    If a hammer wont fix it it must be an electrical problem

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to SOTP - a mine of usefull information!

I'm just down the road from you in Normanby so might just bump into you one day!
    If a man opens his mouth to speak and there is no woman around, is he still wrong?

Default Welcome

Good to have you along for the trip. Can't help with the trip planning but hope you and your daughter enjoy the first of many outtings .

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Default thank you

It's taking me a little while to get used to this site but i have eventually found my posts again. Perhaps "thumbcrusher" would be so kind as to let me know of any good but easy local routes to get me started again. I am currently reading "Rapids" by Tim Parks and it has reminded me why my career on the river came to an abrupt halt over 10 years ago - so I want to pace myself this time with some easy routes. Boring I know but near death experiences are definitely behind me - I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    ...Boring I know but near death experiences are definitely behind me - I hope!
    It's the future ones I'd be wary off...

TGB
    Last edited by TGB; 22nd-March-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Default hmmm

Thanks for that one - things have not changed that much over the years then!