Thread: Hi from iGreens (Jim Thornton)

Default Hi from iGreens (Jim Thornton)

Hi, Jim here from Nottigham. I've been canoeing for about 45 years, mainly touring in England and Wales but a bit abroad as well. Got an open canoe two years ago. Just come back from the bank holiday w/e on the wye at Welsh Bicknor.

I run a website that may interest some members. www.igreens.org.uk. It's primarily a political/environmentalist site but i also post a fair bit on canoeing and have touring guides to the Wye, Thames, Severn, and Trent as well as some smaller rivers and a few abroad. Take a look.

I noticed someone asking about canoeing in Poland recently. I went there three years ago, and have posted details of the Brda, and Wda rivers in Kazuby region. There is some great canoe touring in Poland.

Jim
    Last edited by MagiKelly; 31st-August-2006 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Fix link

Welcome Jim.

I've read your iGreens guides and I've found them very useful as an aid for planning trips. I've used the Wye and Severn guides before and I plan to use the Thames one too.

Hope you enjoy the site.
    The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

Journal Entries

Hi Jim

Welcome to Song of the Paddle. Looks like an interesting site you have there. I'll need to spend some time having a look at it.

ps There was a comma in your link which I fixed.

Default be warned about igreens

Thanks for fixing the comma! I'm always doing stuff like that. You've probably already figured out that while the canoeing on igreens is fairly straightforward the rest of the site is pretty strong freemarket (anti greenpeace) politics! Hang on to your hats!

This is a brilliant discussion group BTW. i'm only just beginning to explore.

My best ever open canoeing trip was five years ago on the Okefenokee swamp in Georgia. It took a bit of organising but was absolutely brilliant. Three days of total wilderness.

Jim

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thornton View Post
    Hi, Jim here from Nottigham. I've been canoeing for about 45 years, mainly touring in England and Wales but a bit abroad as well. Got an open canoe two years ago. Just come back from the bank holiday w/e on the wye at Welsh Bicknor.

I run a website that may interest some members. www.igreens.org.uk. It's primarily a political/environmentalist site but i also post a fair bit on canoeing and have touring guides to the Wye, Thames, Severn, and Trent as well as some smaller rivers and a few abroad. Take a look.

I noticed someone asking about canoeing in Poland recently. I went there three years ago, and have posted details of the Brda, and Wda rivers in Kazuby region. There is some great canoe touring in Poland.

Jim

Wish I'd seen that home exchange, on your site, a year ago. That would ahve been a kick.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre girard View Post
    Wish I'd seen that home exchange, on your site, a year ago. That would ahve been a kick.
    I've not updated it but i'm always looking for a home exchange for a couple of weeks in the summer. I'd love to visit minnesota!
    What've you got?

Contact via email on igreens if you prefer. Jim

Default r u near the boundary waters park?

by the way, r u near the boundary waters park? I'd love to canoe there one day. jim