Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I'm Martin. Some of you will already know me from the bushcarft forums. I have a Coleman Journey which I use on the rivers and drains here in North Lincs.
    I like to do overnight trips. I'll find a nice spot put up a basha and get a small fire going....Heaven.
    Last June I was lucky enough to be in Sweden on a bushcraft course, while there we had the use of 17ft aluminium canoes. The lake was 50km long and about 3 wide where we were. When you have only paddled on canals, small rivers and drains being nearly a mile from the shore is a bit unnerving at first but I soon got used to it. We even found a Beaver Lodge on the shore. It really is the most beautiful place and if you get the chance go there. I know I'll be going back as soon as possible.

Last edited by MagiKelly; 6th-January-2006 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Edited to move pictures from side by side
    Don't sweat the small stuff.....

Martin

Welcome Martin

Same canoe and same car as me, just waiting for you to get your Old Town Pack . In fact if I remember correctly I think we both have Tentipis as well.

Good to have you here looking forward to your contributions.
    John

Oh yes

Martin

fantastic tent ! !

where can I get one?
    Rogue

http://www.lightmyfire.uk.com/arran_tentipi.html

But before you buy I should warn you that mine has lost its waterproofing on the top half. I think its due to the smoke and heat from open fires. Its in the process of being sorted out by Tentipi. I'll let you know what happens.

Martin

Used it in the Snow recently. It is funny the fire did not make it as warm as I expected. Spent loads of time adjusting vents to try and keep the smoke under control.

Waterproof enough so far although when we took the firebox out we got lots of condensation for a while. I actually think I would use the Heat Pal for keeping warm as it is less hassle.

John