Thread: Hello from Jon

Default Hello from Jon

I'm Jon, and I'm a paddler.
    My current fleet comprises river running kayaks, marathon and slalom racers and a sea kayak. But alas no open boat!
    I do like to get into a canoe on a regular basis. Last year I took my BCU "new" 3 star and attended an introductory WW weekend in North Wales. Terrific fun. This experience is partly to do with the BCU's expectation that kayakers now need to be taught to paddle kneeling with a single blade (I'm a level 2 coach). I'm not going to wander into that argument, but I think people should experience as many different craft as possible.
    Currently nowhere to store another boat in London, but I do have a collection of paddles to work on both classic deep water style and bashing off rocks.

Welcome

Whatever we say about the new BCU rules it has brought us a few new members and they are all welcome, as you are.
    John

Talking Welcome

Hi Jon, and a warm welcome to the forum, you must get your self an open canoe, otherwise all those qualifications will be to no avail, and until you get an open you will not be allowed to take the most important * Rated Qualification, and that is one that most open canoeist have, I myself have a 3* Brew Stop Coaching Award, but alas no open canoe, In the meantime Welcome and Happy PaddlingBill

Default Welcome

Doesn't matter waht you paddle, as long as you paddle.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

"3* Brew Stop Coaching Award"
    CanalVoyaguer, no worries. I have a Kelly Kettle (and a Tilley Hat) so I should be able to work up the skills ladder.
    Thanks
    Jon

Jon..A very warm welcome.

Raymond

Welcome to the forum Jon and keep paddling!

Cheers,