Thread: Weekend paddle camp 9th 10th 11th Sept

On the edge of a large city by a large loch

Default Weekend paddle camp 9th 10th 11th Sept

Hi folks,

my good lady and I are planning a long weekend canoe/camp on the 9th 10th and 11th of September.

We were thinking of Loch Lubnaig as it has the loch for fishing, river for and loch for paddling and if it's a total wash out there's the woods for bushcrafting.

I'd prefer to do Loch Achray but I don't know what the status is of using the campsite by the loch, officially the FE are not too keen on folk using it so if anyone can let me know otherwise I'd appreciate it.

It would be great to catch up with some of you if you would like to join us. I'll be using a tent although I'll have the tarps up to sleep under if it's nice :~)

Woodsmoke
    Expand your mind there's plenty space for it...

East of Scotland Open Canoe Club are meeting at Strathyre that weekend, so we may bump into you if you go for the Loch Lubnaig option.

Default :-)

oh no a canoe club! Aagh, sorry you are gonna put me off from going now!

Journal Entries

You can't leave your vehicle on the FC land overnight but you can camp anywhere round Loch Achray except the campsite. There are a few spots that should be suitable.

Might be able to join you for a bit wherever you end up but can't be sure yet.

Default Trip on 8,9,10th

Sorry old Smokey I can't come as I will be doing a 4 star training for the other club. It is Pam that is running the trip. They are a good bunch of folk and you've paddled with a few. Rad the spititual seeker, Beardie the substance misuser to name a few.

Hi woodsmoke - can you tell me what is bushcrafting - do I have need to bring tools. Would you recommend gloves - I have heard of special ones with special strengthening for the nails - mine get so soft in water all day and rubber just make them worse.
    It sounds be fun, I am plann to be in Scotland September we can't go destroying woodlands at home - do you get special permission or is it conservation work
    I have friends who will lend me boat so may be able to meet you and your club.

Smile Dear Pinkboats

Dear Pinkboats,

I dread to know why you are wearing rubber to protect your nails and soft hands, maybe you should skip this trip as it's not that kind of "club" nor any other kind of "club"...

My good lady and I are just recently married and I should have explained and I've not introduced her to any of those kind of clubs yet... Honestly we are just "camping" for the weekend, for fun and I'm introducing her to the delights of kelly kettles, open fires, wood carving, tarps, canoes and getting down to it nature

When I said folk can join us I did not mean...well you know what I meant! lol

We are not into destroying woods, although a lot of wood should be like rhododendron and sycamore and we'll do our best to destroy these...

But please no beardy substance misusers, my gay dog with a gender identity problem doesn't liek em.

Default Bushcraft

Dear Woodie and your new pal Pinkboats we have trees, rivers, moors, mountains and lochs but not much bush, I think the type of Bush craft that Pinkboats means is the shrubbery craft type that you do need special tools for. You can see an example of it on the way to the access point on the river Isla. Not the big hedge but the funny bird carved out of a bush.
    Snowy