Thread: Wanted - MR Legend or similar

Default Wanted - MR Legend or similar

Hi,

i'm looking for a Mad River Legend 15 or similar (Horizon, Explorer Royalex, Robson Brookes)

Have 750-850 to spend on right canoe

Not a fan of green coloured opens other colours welcome

Regards

Mark

I am sure if you contacted http://www.wwc.co.uk/index.php they are not very far away form you. They might be able to help you out.
    Mitch

Bump.

surprised that no-one have one they wish to sell

cash waiting

I'm surprised that you are surprised. Legends are very desirable boats, very few second hand ones come on the market although once mine is fully beaten up I might want to exchange it for a new one. The last one I sold was about 6 years old and went for 640. Bought a new one for 855.

How about a repair job? Two Pigs got his canoe pinned the other week and more or less totalled it. It's in a bit of a state - needs new gunwales, seats, thwarts etc... and has a bit of a crack down the middle. Depends if he can be bothered to fix it up but might be convinced to let it go for some quick cash?

K

Quote Originally Posted by lovingit2 View Post
    How about a repair job? Two Pigs got his canoe pinned the other week and more or less totalled it. It's in a bit of a state - needs new gunwales, seats, thwarts etc... and has a bit of a crack down the middle. Depends if he can be bothered to fix it up but might be convinced to let it go for some quick cash?

K
    "More or less totalled it"? - Lyra will look wonderful with those extra blemishes! I'm set to work on her on Saturday.... the "bit of a crack down the middle" is news to me. Remember I paddled the boat about six miles after the pin... and she handled pretty well I thought! New gunwales, carrying yoke, kneeling thwart and rear seat required..... Donations can be made by cheque, credit card or cash to ...... But fixing the damage will be cheaper than a new boat.
    You don't stop playing because you get old - you get old because you stop playing.

bump

anybody got one to sell??