Thread: Canoeing Virgin

Default Canoeing Virgin

Calling all paddlers. My mate Jeff from Devon is coming to Kent on the weekend of 16-17 Sept to be introduced to the art of paddling an open canoe. Until recently he couldn't swim so he hasn't even sat in a canoe!

I would really like to give him a good intro to the open boat and thought it may be a good idea to invite other paddlers to meet him and have a good paddle/riverside BBQ etc.

Does anyone fancy meeting us on the Medway at Yalding on the 17th? My plan is to launch at about ten am, do some basic skills coaching, have a BBQ then paddle upstream for a little trip after lunch.

It would be really great for him (and me) to meet some other canoeists, and its a great excuse for a social paddle.

Let me know if you want to join in.

Ed

Default We're in ...

That's not fair Ed, a barbie and a paddle sound far to good to refuse so we (Rob and Laurence) will pop along and see you at Yalding

Fair warning though, we'll probably bore you to death with stories from the holiday we've just returned from - blog coming up as soon as I can select some piccies and write it up.
    Happy paddling ,
    Rob.

Love to be there, but unfortunately away that weekend. Sounds fun though.
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

I could never get bored of paddling photo's and talking about holidays. looking forward to seeing you there

I am teaching First Aid that weekend.

Why is all the fun stuff on that weekend? BCUK meet up in the South West now this.

I want to be in 3 places at once. There must be a way.

Bushcraft Survival and First Aid Training.