Thread: Gunwhales for sale anyone??

Cool Gunwhales for sale anyone??

Not so much wanted as needed!! I'm after some plastic gunwhales and rivets or wooden gunwhales for a Mobile Adventure Melody 15ft. Anybody has any just...hanging around, i'd love to talk prices!!

I have a pair that are due to come off an Old Town Penobscot 16 very shortly.......when I can pull my finger out!

Obviously used, but they are in very good condition.

Any use?
    If it wasn't for the rain in our lives there would be no rivers. X 2

Journal Entries

can have these ones if you want, 400, comes with free hull..... only joking, it's not for sale like it too much

I think there's only 2 or 3 melodies on this site, so welcome to a very exclusive club Venture canoes may be able to help out as they used to be Mobile Adventure until recently, they should be able to get you spares for a similar boat that may fit but you'd be cheaper getting them from tenboats.

Cheers,

Alan
    Last edited by Chainsaw; 23rd-January-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typooooos
    Cheers,

Alan

Default Wood Gunwales

Try going to your local wood merchant and asking them to cut you four lengths of timber 3/4" X1/2" X 16' Better lumber yards will have western red cedar or mahogany, both of which are excellent and shouldn't cost more than 15 or so. Fitting it is easy. Just don't be frightened of drilling the hull. For a posh job ask them for a 16' length of 1/4" X1.1/4" for a capping and use tiny galvanised nails + Glue to stick that on and you'll have an excellent job.
    http://www.davidwperry.blogspot.co.uk/