Thread: Warwickshire - anyone want to go paddling ??

Default Warwickshire - anyone want to go paddling ??

Hi all,

I'm bored of my own company and thought it was time to inflict it on some others.

I paddle a kayak and because I hate spending hours in a car usually can be found somewhere on the Leam / Avon or canals around Southam.

Would anyone like to join me or perhaps suggest a trip slightly further a-field. Please ? - I'm sooooooo lonely!

I've been paddling for ages and like to take it relatively easy and enjoy view/food/conversation (oooh conversation - I can remember doing that), but am not adverse to a little excitement along the way and often play in weirs and such like.

Someone, anyone ?

Regards,
    Brian.

I'm only a few hundred miles away but if you would like a tour of Loch Lomond give me a shout.....Raymond.

Default Loch Lomond

Hi Raymond,

Is this a genuine offer ? If so I may well try to see you over summer some time.

Who knows if I've managed to snare any local paddlers we might manage a group trip.
    Cheers,
    Brian.

Thumbs up

I'm off to the Leam tomorrow for a couple of hours, alas i don't own a k****k but i'm going for my first trip of the year in the freezin weather.
    I am starting at the boat centre and going up river for an hour or so then a nice easy paddle back just to blow out some cobwebs. I will be at the boat centre about 12ish. Just look for someone dressed for arctic conditions, oh and a canoe.
    Last edited by stokes_iain; 10th-January-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Default Sunday Paddle

Iain,

I'm feeling you've shamed me into it, and having made all this fuss about wanting to make some new buddies it'd be silly not to say hi; plus wife says I can go !

I'll be there at 12:00.

I've got an old wine coloured fiesta and I'll have an old red plastic kayak.

I'll look distinctly unhappy about the temperature and will probably sit in car looking glum until I spot someone who looks likely.

What do you drive ? - so I'll know whether you've arrived.

I'll hang round till 12:30 then drag myself out onto water if you're not about. If you want to ring me - Zero791Zero 2eight8 4Zero8.

Please don't wait for me. If I'm not around by times promised you can assume that the bottoms dropped out of my world and I'm not coming.

Cheers,
    Brian.
    Last edited by KeithD; 11th-January-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: make phone number safer

Brian..sorry about the delay.Me and my mate have two canoes up the loch and go up most wekends . Genuine offer mate just give me a shout....cheers Raymond.