Thread: this week

Default this week

ive been given a pass out to go play some time this week
    anyone fancy a day or more
    skills or trip?
    suggestions for venue/meet?
    i'm in south doncaster and prepared to travel a reasonable distance for the day or further for longer
    nature is m X-box

Could be up for something local, distances are a problem, Pugnsys is local for me. (predictable I know!) but its close
    Leone_blanco

Quote Originally Posted by LAS247 View Post
    Could be up for something local, distances are a problem, Pugnsys is local for me. (predictable I know!) but its close
    There is a good circular trip quite near the pugneys. Put onto the Calder and Hebble Navigation at the Navigation Inn 0.5 miles from junction 39 M1 towards Denby Dale.
    Paddle up the Navigation to Horbury Bridge Past the Bingley Arms there is a small Basin on your Right hand side. Portage from here across to the river Calder Put in just above the Rapid. This rapid is a grade 2 so be carefull. To miss the rapid portage across the Bingley arms Carpark. There is only one weir on the river and that is at the end of some s bends aproaching the Rail way bridge near the end of the river section. Portage the weir left bank is best then paddle on back to the bottom of the locks. Portage the lock back to the Navigation Inn which Serves Tetley's and good food. About 4.5 miles in total. The canal and back is also not a bad short paddle.

I would love to come along but cant get any time off during the week. And at weekends there are usually a few anglers to contend with
    I Started out with nothing! and i still have most of it left.

That sounds like a good idea, I'll see what Andy thinks and probably give you a ring for full details if you'll PM me your number. Thanks
    Leone_blanco

can you go further up the navigation to the next bridge just before the lock or even to where the two meet just a little further up(according to my os map) this would make a longer trip if its doable.
    or the trip suggested then a couple of hours playing silly on pugneys after, if the weather is fine ( not tried reentering from deep water yet)
    i'm up for it lee, provided you come doncaster way for a meet later on in the year( what days can you make it this week, and is anyone else interested?
    andy
    nature is m X-box

Wednesday is a good day for me. Idea sounds like a good one, suits me
    Leone_blanco

Sorry can't make this one but went and looked a week ago and there is a large strainer(downed tree) right on the line through the grade 2 on the River but with more water in the River at present it should be runnable further out from the right bank but means a back ferry half way through the run.Could be tricky as it's quite a rock garden and there's plenty to get pinned on.
    Mike B...

Thanks for the info Mike, will need to take a good look at that one before we start then.
    Leone_blanco

Plenty of rain today and some forecast for Wednesday so should have a reasonable level of water on the day. Anyone else fancy it?
    Leone_blanco