Thread: First WW boat wanted

Default First WW boat wanted

Hi Guys,

Having just sold my Apache I now need to find a good first WW capable boat. Looking for something like a 15' Prospector shape boat or maybe a Venture Ranger 14 or what have you. All sensible suggestions heeded. I mainly solo but do take the kids out from time to time.

I guess budget is up to 500 ish

Cheers

Barry

Hi Barry long time no speak, I got rid of my apache a while back too (not by choice) See if you can squeeze the budget a 100 or so and try and get hold of the Novacraft SP3. You'll struggle to get anyone to part with one 2nd hand but new they are not much more than your budget (700ish). I doubt you would regret it.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck

Hi Dan,

A long time as you say.

I have been looking at new boats as well, our local shop has Venture Prospector 15's in stock at 725 with a 15% discount at the moment. I have to admit though that I have just bought a Discovery before selling my 90 so funds are a bit tighter than they ought to be

I'll give it a couple of weeks before I commit to new, you never know what might turn up.

We must try and hook up for a paddle.

Cheers

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
    See if you can squeeze the budget a 100 or so and try and get hold of the Novacraft SP3.
    Kent Canoes also do the SP3 and did have one the last time I was in. Extra 50 rrp than the Prospector but 15% off as you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by bpikeuk View Post

We must try and hook up for a paddle.

Barry
    Canche in April

Just North of Portsmouth. "Over the hill".

Hi Bpikeuk...

I've got an almost as new Mad River Explorer 14TT going spare if you're interested. I bought it from new earlier this year and have only used it about half a dozen times, there's hardly a mark on it.

It's partially kitted out with the IQ2 gunwale system, complete with fore and aft lashing kit ready for airbags (note the hull isn't drilled), and a drink holder that you can slide on or off! . It doesn't have a kneeling thwart because I can't get on with them but it would obviously be easy to fit. What else can I say? It's a good size for solo work, short, manouverable and very stable. Oh yeah, and it's green which is the only colour worth having .

I'm only selling it because I've now bought an Outlander and I don't have room to store two canoes. I was hoping to get 500 ish for it, what do you think?

Ask DanDan, he knows the boat, he's been in it! (Hi Dan, hope you're well).
    Who's been sleeping in my porridge???

Thanks Horsedribble,

PM sent.

Barry