Thread: Loch Ard Canoe Fishing - Mon 21st.

Journal Entries

Default Loch Ard Canoe Fishing - Mon 21st.

A couple of us (so far) are going to try our hands at canoe fishing on Monday at Loch Ard. Nothing formal, just meeting up in the morning, probably at Kinlochard, and going for a paddle whilst having a cast or two in the most likely spots.

All welcome - PM me for more details, or just turn up! We should be easy to spot - I'll be the one trying to use a 17.5 foot dapping rod from a 16 foot canoe, whilst my partner in crime will be the one in the 12 foot canoe, being towed around the loch at great speed by a gigantic brown trout (with any luck ).

On second thoughts, you may want to steer clear of this one.........

Blutack.
    The Canoeist's prayer: "Lord grant me the serenity to walk the portages I must, The courage to run the rapids I can, And the wisdom to know the difference".

John Muir Trust - Wild Places for Nature & People.

Sounds interesting, what time you planning to be there?

Journal Entries

Morning, for an all day trip.

I'll probably get there for about 9, as this makes it easy to get permits from the shop in Kinlochard.

Do join us if you can!

Blutack.
    The Canoeist's prayer: "Lord grant me the serenity to walk the portages I must, The courage to run the rapids I can, And the wisdom to know the difference".

Sunday night for me, hammocking somewhere around the crannog.

See you at Kinlochard or on the water thereabouts.

I'm gonna eat you little fishie, I'm gonna eat you little fishie.
    Picture yourself in a boat on a river,

I'd love to come but can't make it as unfortunately I have this thing called work that I've been asked to attend on Monday.
    Off on Thursday though so if any of you fancy meeting up then I'd be glad to hear from you.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamesoconnor View Post
    I'd love to come but can't make it as unfortunately I have this thing called work that I've been asked to attend on Monday.
    Off on Thursday though so if any of you fancy meeting up then I'd be glad to hear from you.
    James - I'm back at work this Thurs, but could maybe do something the following week. How are you fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Grooveski View Post
    I'm gonna eat you little fishie, I'm gonna eat you little fishie.
    'Cos I like eating fish!?!

Josh, John - I'll come to KLA for about 9am and probably park by the village hall. Do keep an eye out, as it would be great to have a hand to lift my canoe off! Josh - I'll sort out your paperwork for you. John - do you want me to get a permit for you too?

Think that's it. Tight lines for tomorrow!

Blutack.

Unhappy

Blutack,
    I've got to take care of some business on Monday morning, so I won't make it for 9, I'm not really into fishing as much as I used to be, so don't bother about a permit for me but thanks anyway
    Looking forward to meeting you guys.

No bother Blutack KLA @ 9.

For a moment there James, you sounded just like my conscience.

Journal Entries

Honestly guys , the cost is less than a pint - I'm more than willing to pay that considering that the funds go to re-stocking. If it makes you happy, we'll go to Loch Ba next time!

Happy hammocking Grooveski!

Blutack.

I just meant no bother I'll give you lift with your boat. Permit for me thanks.

See you in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutack View Post
    James - I'm back at work this Thurs, but could maybe do something the following week. How are you fixed?

Blutack.

I should be ok to meet up with you next week.