Thread: a little about ben giles

Smile a little about ben giles

hello there people i am based in gloucestershire a great palce for paddling (i think)with the wye thames and severn all within reach aswell as good canals and outdoor active on doorstep we have 3 canadians in the family a coleman ram x gold medalist (an indistructable tank) an wenonah prospector 16 and some sort of ex hire piranah the latter 2 getting most use have been paddling for 4 years but more frequently the last 2 years this year trying solo paddling with some tuition not as easy as first looks
    but feels like a natural progression my dad and two brothers also share a love of paddling and the great outdoors

Welcome, Ben! It's great to have another local paddler on board. Look out for the local Gloucs/Worcs evening paddles when they start up again in the future: you'll be made more than welcome.
    Juvanile delinkwit, vaguely faffing around with a pair of pliers. Du skal ikke tro at du er bedre end mig!

Default great

sounds good dont get out enough as it is ,more solo practice always good please keep me posted love to come along

Welcome to Song of the Paddle

Good to hear the family share your interest. My girls can be convinced with chocolate bribes but my wife would need heavy sedation
    John

Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Ben and a warm welcome to the forum, it would seem that you are well into this paddling malarkey, all that remain is for you to take up the invite that you already have, or even put up a meet yourself, anyway Welcome and Happy paddlingBill

Yay, more local people

If you're anywhere near Cirencester and want to get involved in some club paddling Thameswey Canoe Club will be doing a lot more open boating this summer, if twopigs and I have anything to do with it (which we do ).

There are also SOTP evening paddles, though it's unlikely I'll have time to organise them this summer.

Oh, and don't forget to add the Usk to the list of good places to paddle within a reasonable drive
    'Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are wet'

Default Welcome

Good to have you along for the trip.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Yay, more local people

If you're anywhere near Cirencester and want to get involved in some club paddling Thameswey Canoe Club will be doing a lot more open boating this summer, if twopigs and I have anything to do with it (which we do ).

There are also SOTP evening paddles, though it's unlikely I'll have time to organise them this summer.

Oh, and don't forget to add the Usk to the list of good places to paddle within a reasonable drive

we are in stroud and have plans to join the club, after a solo lesson on the lake with ian he mentioned the club and the benefits of joining.on sunday of last week we took two canadians from chepstow to lechlade a lovely stretch of thames a little bit of an assult course with low branches and impassable in one spot with huge branches blocking the enitire river we did have a bow saw but was too much a good day had and will do again soon maybe with a bit more clearing of obstructions in mind

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    Welcome to Song of the Paddle

Good to hear the family share your interest. My girls can be convinced with chocolate bribes but my wife would need heavy sedation
    both me and my brother have young daugters mine being 6 and 3 olis being 7 have taken both older girls down varios sections of the wye and thames with varying degrees of enjoyment on there part. my 3 yr old cant wait to get her life jacket and get out on the water wanting to do everything the older one does and like you the wife isnt really to interested and would only consider on a summers day supping wine with me doing all the work

Hi Bengiles...and a very warm welcome from the Bonnie Banks Of Scotland...Raymond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr McGregor View Post
    Hi Bengiles...and a very warm welcome from the Bonnie Banks Of Scotland...Raymond.
    hello and thanks for the warm welcome my brother is a big advocate of scottish paddling ,having paddled a little of the spay and inlaws from keith have been looking at a long weekend on the spay later this year