Thread: Hello

Cool Hello

Hi - joined following the inspiring article in the latest canoe focus of a trip from Rannoch Moor to Perth.
    Have a similar trip planned in late March 2009. So any advice would be very welcome especially over bivi sites.
    Also looking for advice on a boat about 15-16'' in plastic for a lady paddling grade 2 water.
    I have a Nova craft prospector 15 in Royalex which is fantastic and I have also made wider at yoke - but too expensive. Also have one in plastic also great but too heavy.
    Anyone recommend anything else avoiding V hulls. Under 700. ?

I'm based in Cumbria and a keen family paddler but real passion/dreams are long trips solo, so please shout if your in North west and need company on the water.

Thumbs up Welcome

Hi There, and a warm welcome to the forum, cant help with your question, but one thing I do know is that it wont be long before someone comes up with an answer for you so in the mean time Welcome and Happy PaddlingBill

Welcome

For a canoe of the spec you want you will probably be looking at second hand to match your budget. Worth keeping an eye on the classifieds and ebay so see what comes up.

As for paddling partners you should get plenty of options now but it is also worth posting your own threads in the meeting section to see if people can join you on your trips.
    John

Default Welcome

Good to have you along foe the trip.

I'm with Mk on the answer, also I'm in south Lakes, not far from Ambleside. Mostly flatwater at the moment and will happily come along for a paddle, when I'm available.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.