Thread: The lonely land

Default The lonely land

My other half bought me a 1961 copy of this book by Siguard f olson at paddle 08.
    She wont tell me how much it cost but that usuall means i realy dont want to know.
    A realy first class read,she is always on the lookout for little treasures and stuffed inside was a newspaper article/review on the book from 1962.
    Again get hold of a copy its a superb story of a 350 mile trip in canada but with all the camping/cooking bits aswell.
    Soloman.
    Last edited by soloman; 29th-November-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: writer name omitted
    It is not that I object to the work, mind you; I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
    Jerome.K.Jerome

Journal Entries

Ha! I nearly bought that book, but couldn't quite persuade myself to prise my wallet open.

And I won't tell you how much it cost either .

Sounds like a good read, glad another stop'er got it. Good find on the newspaper article too.
    'There is no wealth but life itself.'

It is a great read.

It is also encouraging that Sig and his fellow voyageurs made such an intrepid trip when they were all in their fifties.

It is also encouraging that Sig and his fellow voyageurs made such an intrepid trip when they were all in their fifties.
    We met some guys this summer who had just finished a trip down the Bonnet Plume in flood. I think that three of them were above 70 and one of them had done some portaging with a broken foot.
    Here they are at Taco Bar.

Its a good read alright. I read it years ago before I was interested in canoeing but loved the wilds of Canada.
    http://www.davidwperry.blogspot.co.uk/