Thread: Landward

Default Landward

Folks,
    Trailer tonight that there will be a piece on long distance open canoe touring in Scotland on next weeks program. Friday 28th BBC2 at
    7 pm.
    Regards,
    Stravaiger.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I will go Canoeing. H. D. Thoreau.

"Waste of time reasoning with the morally demented"

Only caught a little bit of it at the end.

Will it be on iPlayer ?

Was anyone from on here on the prog?

Default Landward canoeing on bbc 2

Pay attention at the back there. You did get a weeks notice. As JP says in his reply to your thread tonight, tried the BBC I player and, though it's listed as"Now Showing",its not found when you try to access it . I dont think they repeat Landward. Might be worth trying
    I player later on in case they make room for it.
    Basically, British waterways want to formalise whats already happening and set up a long distance canoe trail along the Great Glen. There were considerable sums of money being made from paddlers already and the potential to make more while providing designated camp sites with facilities suited to paddlers. Mike Dales SCA was on in support.
    A chap from "Snow Goose" outdoor pursuits was sounding a note of caution that it might encourage inexperienced paddlers who did not appreciate the dangers to try to make their designated camp site in unsuitable conditions, and that they might be best doing the route as part of a guided expedition.
    Did you catch the paddler in the distance in the closing shots from Loch Katrine?
    Regards,
    Stravaiger
    Last edited by Stravaiger; 28th-November-2008 at 09:25 PM.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I will go Canoeing. H. D. Thoreau.

"Waste of time reasoning with the morally demented"