Thread: Hello from Kingston upon Hull

Default Hello from Kingston upon Hull

Very interested in taking up canoeing with family of 4 Wife and 2 kids 4 and 8 years and meself.

Found this site a great source of info. Keen to try before buying, does anyone know any places local to Hull where a try out is possible.

Layed up at moment after painfull appendectomy, probably ready to start paddling late September when its nice and cold!

hello and welcome,

Hull is my home town, but other than some very bandit 'runs' on East Park lake in the dead of night as a kid I cannot think of anywhere very pleasant to paddle. MAybe Pocklington canal?
    Not sure when I'm next going to see my folk as I don't go too often. Nowhere to paddle see.! But if I remember I'll drop you a PM next time i'm about your way.
    If it wasn't for the rain in our lives there would be no rivers. X 2

Welcome again Chris. As I said in my email I am not familiar with Hull so can't recommend places but if there are no local members you can get a paddle it might be an idea to have a look for somewhere that hires out canoes. Even if not very local a short drive and a day paddle might be in order.
    John