Thread: Stolen canoes. Please Read

Exclamation Stolen canoes. Please Read

If anybody happens to stumble on someone trying to get rid of a blue Kevlar Minnessota 2 from We-No-Nah, one got recently stolen near Vienna. As there are - according to the manufacturer - only 3 blue Minnesota 2s in Kevlar in Europe, the probability is pretty high that it is the one concerned. As it belongs to a friend of mine it would be kind if you let me know if you see anything.

At 18'6 with a blue gel coat it should stand out pretty well. I hope it's found soon, even better I hope the thieves can be caught redhanded when trying to sell it. Makes you wonder if they know what they've taken. Could be worth posting a photo of the canoe if one is available.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jamatrad View Post
    I suggest you place this on as many canoe forums as you can find across Europe.
    You never know who is out there that may help.

Sean
    Here are the few I know of:
    http://www.canadierforum.de/ German canoe-forum
    http://www.wildwasserboard.de/ German Whitewater-canoe-forum
    http://www.opencanoe.se/forum/index.php Swedish canoe-forum

As the canoe was stolen in Austria, you should probably try to contact the paddling crowds in the eastern neighbouring countries as well.
    Good luck in getting back your boat!

Axel
    P A D D E L B L O G______________Bundėn er bātlaus mađur (Bound is boatless man)

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

Default Stolen Canoe from the canoe symposium

Hi, this message was sent to me and all the other students from the university of cumbria. We believe it was stolen but if it was taken by mistake then just give me a call and we can sort it out.

Sometime during Saturday night (15th November) a University of Cumbria canoe was stolen from the side of the boathouse at the Lakeside YMCA, Windermere, during the Canoe Symposium. It is a green Mad River Horizon 15 (Serial Number: WEMSPAVLA707) with skid plates, a kneeling thwart, 3 dark green/brown-ish karrimats stuck inside and 2 purple and yellow buoyancy wedges, as well as having U.o.C written on the inside in big letters with the phone number – 01768 893400.

The middle thwart has been moved a few inches forward, so there are holes in the gunnels where it used to be, and the skid plates were not from a kit and will match the template I have, so it is quite identifiable by me!

Please pass the word about.

It is posted on Song of the paddle too.

Jay Oram
    call me on 07746630413
    or e-mail specialjay AT hotmail.co.uk
    Last edited by Amelia; 18th-November-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: making email spam safe

Default Stolen! An outrage canoe

Hi All,

Apologies for the first post being so dramatic!

I'm secretary and coaching officer to Dronfield Baptist Church Canoe Club in Derbyshire and we've just had a brand new canoe stolen between Tuesday the 11th and Friday the 14th of November.

It is a Mad River Outrage IQ2:
    http://www.madrivercanoe.com/outrage

It is brand new with NO skids, tension lines etc. It has front and rear full size air bags and was stolen with saddle, knee blocks and d's but these were not yet fitted and there were no thigh straps or foot blocks so please also keep an eye out for people trying to buy extra parts!
    It is coloured cobalt - purple to normal people!
    The serial number is: wemssa1ui708
    If you see this canoe please call Becky on 01246 203013 or 07748646202 or email beccarider@hotmail.com
    Many thanks for your help!
    Becky Spackman

Journal Entries

I have merged the stolen canoe threads and deleted some posts to keep it relevant.

It is a sad day that we would have too many stickies if I were to keep these as individual threads and stick them all.

Default Bell Morning Star stolen in Bavaria

A few days ago someone stole a green Bell Morning Star in Bavaria.

It is not very likely that it will be sold in the UK or someone will paddle it in your parts but anyway: Here are some pictures of the boat. The front deck-plate is broken (as it is at quite a lot of Bell-boats - poor constructed in my view and not really in accordance to the Rolls-Royce image of this brand...).

If anybody happens to see the boat please send a PM or contact the people at Bushpaddler.

Axel
    P A D D E L B L O G______________Bundėn er bātlaus mađur (Bound is boatless man)

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

Default more theft!!! kayaks from a store!!!

To: raineebear@hotmail.com
    Subject:
    Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:43:00 +0100

All fellow paddlers please keep your eyes and ears open and please circulate.

Could you please keep an eye open on the second hand market, ebay, UK river guide book, gumtree local papers etc over the next year or so for the equipment. (The equipment is marked with SHU on it somewhere)

The uni club canoe store has been broken into and a large amount of equipment has been stolen:

8 BA’s including, the river leader one which is red
    All wet suits and dry cags
    All group shelters
    All wet shoes

Liquidlogic, Little Joe, Blue
    Liquidlogic, Little Joe, Yellow
    Perception, Whip-it
    The brand new Dagger, CFS, Green

Four Desperate Measures spray decks

One Lendal paddle, White
    Three of the brand new Ainsworth, N102, Orange
    Split paddles

Two of the brand new NKE 25 meter throw lines
    Yak 25 meter throw line

Wave sport, Project 52 red, paddle Werner Desperado. Blue riot (private).

Can not tell you how gutted I am, at my own loss and the club kit is a real bummer, years of effort by club members.

Anna-Louise (equipment secretary)

Default Woodstip-canoe stolen in Oslo

The self-built woodstrip-canoe of Paul, an austrian paddler, was stolen last week in central Oslo from the roof rack. We will inform all the paddle-clubs in Norway on this theft to make life hard for the burglars. As there are close relations between Norway and Britain it is not unlikely that the canoe will be transported into your area.
    If anyone happens to detect the boat please try to gather informations on the current owner (name, licence plate on car, ....) and inform Heinz in Austria (heinz.amler[at]aon.at)

Axel

Last edited by floatingToolbox; 6th-August-2009 at 12:34 PM.

11. Default stolen canoes and gear

its sad that we get this sort of thing at all !! I would be heartbroken should my canoe or gear go missing its such a personal sport the paddle and canoe become part of you .

My best advice would be to take lots of pics close ups especially of any unusual features or marks even if they are scratches which could identify the canoe . or even try attaching a pull apart attack alarm to roofrack and canoe or fixing post in garage or wherever its stored I could go on if anyone wants more info please ask me!
    I do not want to bore anyone
    one more thing smartwater has to be linked to the item stolen so if the person is not found with canoe on their person or they say they bought said item in good faith PROBLEMS.

Mad River 16TT Green 3 seats, factory second with a slight indentation underneath.

Stolen sometime in the last 2 months, last seen on a trailer belonging to Paddlesport Logistics. I'll post the serial number when I've got it.

Mandy

Default Canoe outfitting equipment stolen from Rutland Canoe Club

The following canoe outfitting equipment was removed last week when the Rutland Canoe Club hut was broken into;

2 tapered Yak buoyancy bags, one larger than the other (I think small and medium size) plus blue lacing cord, straps and Karrimats to install them (see photo).

2 canoe seats on aluminium frames (one red plastic, one green canvas cover) and a bow buoyancy and cover from a (rather antique!) Coleman canoe (see photo).

1x20 litre blue plastic drum with a white access hatch.

4x5m blue straps

plus 2 blue Elephant kayak spraydecks

plus a quantity of rope removed from dinghies, main sheets, etc. from the surrounding boat yard.

Although not of great value these items were mostly canoe related, hence I thought to post the subject here. If you have been offered any of these items then please contact me.

Thanks . . . Ben

* * * * Note to administrator, I have photos to include in post but this is my first thread. Any chance you could give me authority? * * * *

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbelly View Post
    * * * * Note to administrator, I have photos to include in post but this is my first thread. Any chance you could give me authority? * * * *
    Pictures need to be hosted online somewhere. See this tutorial
    http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...s-on-the-Forum

There is a system rule that stops you adding photos on your first couple of posts, presmably to stop spam. Given that with this post I have entered 2 posts I'll try and go back and add the images.
    Thanks . . . Ben

Default Canoe outfitting equipment stolen from Rutland Canoe Club

Repeat post with images;
    The following canoe outfitting equipment was removed last week when the Rutland Canoe Club hut was broken into;

2 tapered Yak buoyancy bags, one larger than the other (I think small and medium size) plus blue lacing cord, straps and Karrimats to install them (see photo).

2 canoe seats on aluminium frames (one red plastic, one green canvas cover) and a bow buoyancy and cover from a (rather antique!) Coleman canoe (see photo).

1x20 litre blue plastic drum with a white access hatch.

4x5m blue straps

plus 2 blue Elephant kayak spraydecks

plus a quantity of rope removed from dinghies, main sheets, etc. from the surrounding boat yard.

Although not of great value these items were mostly canoe related, hence I thought to post the subject here. If you have been offered any of these items then please contact me.

Thanks . . . Ben

Sorry to hear of the lost. The seats are an odd thing to steal, as they won't fit many canoes and are not the prettiest things to look at. A barrel with a whtie top is distinctive and should be easy to spot if put on sale. As are the seats if put for sale without a Coleman.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

My mate has had his canoe stolen from Dipton, Co. Durham
    The make is Pyranha, 16ft, green in colour. It has fibreglass repairs at either end on the underneath and also has a damaged metal thwart.

If anyone is offered a cheap canoe which matches this description please get in touch

Quote Originally Posted by Leezo View Post
    My mate has had his canoe stolen from Dipton, Co. Durham
    The make is Pyranha, 16ft, green in colour. It has fibreglass repairs at either end on the underneath and also has a damaged metal thwart.

If anyone is offered a cheap canoe which matches this description please get in touch
    I'd start a new thread for it as well Lee if I was you mate, it'll probably get more notice if you do.
    Rich

This is no concilation to those who have lost kit but a rape alarm works well as a little deterent to theft off roffracks. FInd inside boat and loop cord around the bar. It mingt not stop careful theives but for the idiots out there who undo the straps and do a runner they do gte a shock running around the road with a canoe or kayak blaring out.

Default Stolen Mohawk Solo 13 Canoe

Hi

We had a brand new Mohawk Solo 13 Canoe (Red) stolen off a trailer outside our house in Hyde Cheshire on the night of Tuesday 22nd February.

There are not many of these around at all so if anyone sees anything please let me know.

Many Thanks

Default Any more details

Mark,

Was it outfitted in any way ? Anything that will distinguish it ? I guess that you won't have any photos ?

Fingers crossed you get it back.

Paul

The Canoe was "off the shelf" just fitted as standard with solo seat, thwart, etc, no air bags or anything else fitted.

Thanks

Hi

After a tip off from a member of UKRGB forum we located the stolen canoe for sale on a website and I am pleased to say with the help of police who were excellent and some nifty detcetive work ourselves the canoe was today recovered and 2 people arrested.

Thanks

Default Great news

Glad to hear you got it back.

Paul

Journal Entries

excellent news, love it when the crooks get nailed!!
    Cheers,

Alan

Brilliant news that you got it back and the people responsible were caught.

Default Wenonah on gumtree - stolen?

Seller doesnt realise value of these canoes, are they stolen from someone here? http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/we...canoe/77044309

The cream one looks like it's been swept down a river.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Stolen From Ibstock Canoe Club (Leicestershire / Nottinghamshire / Warwickshire borders)

Over last weekend a green Mobile Adventure 'Melody' was stolen from our club. There can't be many of these around any more, if you see one for sale please let me know.
    It was covered in 100 mile canoe test stickers and is pretty beaten up. I'm trying to find a photo.

Thanks,
    John

Crow is offline こんにちは。私はカラスと私はスコットラ ンドの出身で す。
    Journal Entries

Here comes the future and you can't run from it
    If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it

Crow Trip Log

3 canoes stolen from the compound at Falcon, Oxford over the last couple of days:
    My red 15 foot Prospector, skids plates, usual scuffs, kneeling thwart and glued in kneeling mat
    1 green 16 foot Prospector, no skid plates and pretty tidy
    1 cheapo Coleman or Pelican

They cut through the fence to get them. If you're paddling around Oxford and see them or see them advertised anywhere etc. please get in touch!

Thanks,

Jen (07786 164234)

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/f...p?f=32&t=91678

Bugger. Saw this posted on Facebook by Marsport, where they are described as being WeNoNah Prospectors.

Made the mistake today after putting my old down Saranac in a semi hidden place in a dark desserted car park whilst we went to go and get our other vehicle from the put in

It is about two years old and quite scraped with a lot of gaff tape underneath to protect it from scrapes etc. It is unique in that it has a front cane seat and the usual saranac plastic moulded seats. Dark Green 14'6 and when we left it in the car park it was damaged due to an incident on the water, the damage was that after a small moving water capsize the front end got dinged and the front deck popped its rivets.

It also has black bouyancy blocks (so called cheese blocks) they are not branded being ex army surplus.

It also has ash brackets for a kneeling thwart, I am going to put a couple of pics on here also

It was taken from a Car Park on the A361 where it crosses the Kings Sedgemoor Drain, Greylake which is near Street in Somerset

That picture was taken when I had my electric motor fitted to it which was not today thankfully

This picture shows the damage incurred to it today before it was taken or it will when I can load it!!

Anyone hears anything please could you send me a Private Message

Ta

Dave
    Last edited by Uncle Albert; 13th-January-2013 at 10:20 PM.

really sorry to hear this. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled

That made a bit of a bummer end to what was otherwise a great day. I hope this photo shows it ok Dave, but as you say, the seating set up sets it apart. You can see the tape round the front, and the cane seat. In the centre there is a plastic storage thingy, and a plastic seat in the rear I think, and to Dave's left, you can just make out the kneeling thwart.

Last edited by Brue Paddler; 13th-January-2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Photo added
    Cheers, Chris.

I cannot post the pics from drop box, anyone know the knack?

Dave
    Last edited by Uncle Albert; 14th-January-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Ah there you go cracked it, this is the front pic of the boat after the damage, so if anyone sees it, they will know, I have the original plastic moulded seat in my garage, a bit like cinderella and the shoe!!!

Dave

Hi all there are a number of things you can do to try and track down stolen items firstly take lots of photois as suggested in earlier thread by myself . Pass these on to the local policing team via e mail all accessible via the internet so you do not have to be in your local area if canoe was stolen away from home contact that local team area .

A Zephir (Esquif; http://www.esquif.com/en/whitewater/zephyr/) has been stolen near Brugge (Belgium). Equipped for white water. If you notice one that's for sale, please contact canad.be
    Thx!

Canoe returned to the owner! Thx for spreading the news!

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

Quote Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
    That is excellent news. I am so pleased.
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
    Hooray!

44. Default

Before you kit get lost or stolen register the details on http://www.boattracker.co.uk

If it does get lost or stolen a notice gets sent out to all the registered users, the details of the kit is made public (but no personal details) and if it is found the rightful owner can be contact via the site.

The site will also actively search for stolen kit appearing on well know auction sites and notify the owner

Its free and the minimum of personal information is kept (the only link between kit and owners is an email address)

Any feed back let me know

45. Default

I am pleased that this was returned!
    heres one to try and cheap to!

yacht varnish or permanent marker paint on your postcode and or your name and address on the underside of the canoe that way its not unsightly its UNDERWATER! and when carried on car it would deter thieves.
    its not every other vehicle that carries a canoe on the roof or trailer! report loss or stolen item as soon as possible and offer as much in the way of scratches damage /pics as you can.

hope this helps
    Steve

My good friend Welsh Dave’s boat was stolen in the early hours of this morning from outside his tent at Hereford Rowing Club. It is a green Wenonah Prospector 15, outfitted for whitewater. The front carrying handle has WD engraved in it. It has a plain ash Endless River kneeling thwart with black kneeling mat wrapped round it secured by blue webbing straps. It is drilled the full length, and has red airbags and red lacing. It has a Quentin sticker on the bow, and a Welsh Dragon soft toy on the front.
    It is the boat in the centre of this pic

Pics of it in action here

Dave is in his pride and joy in the middle

If you are offered this boat for sale, or see it about anywhere, please contact me and/or the police.
    Last edited by Fran; 25th-May-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: pics weren't showing
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

There are not any words fit for this forum which can describe how despicable this theft is... I hope he gets it back soon !

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    My good friend Welsh Dave’s boat was stolen in the early hours of this morning from outside his tent at Hereford Rowing Club. It is a green Wenonah Prospector 15, outfitted for whitewater. The front carrying handle has WD engraved in it. It has a plain ash Endless River kneeling thwart with black kneeling mat wrapped round it secured by blue webbing straps. It is drilled the full length, and has red airbags and red lacing. It has a Quentin sticker on the bow, and a Welsh Dragon soft toy on the front.
    It is the boat in the centre of this pic

Pics of it in action here

Dave is in his pride and joy in the middle

If you are offered this boat for sale, or see it about anywhere, please contact me and/or the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by bin_man View Post
    There are not any words fit for this forum which can describe how despicable this theft is... I hope he gets it back soon !

Paul
    GOOD NEWS!!
    Dave's boat was found floating upside down caught in some trees somewhere near Hoarwithy. Our thanks go out to a hero, who retrieved it and paddled it to the campsite he was staying on in Hoarwithy, then seeing the Canoe-camping Club sticker on it ( that I neglected to mention) checked on the Internet, found out where we were camping, and phoned the Rowing Club. Dave is a very happy man. Thankyou everyone else who has been keeping their eyes open for it.
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Yeah!!!! Pleased he's got it back!!
    To Canoe is to be moved!!!

Default Stolen 15 ft Nova Craft Prospector

Just thought it would be worth highlighting:

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/f...?f=11&t=102118

Could I please ask the everyone keeps an eye out for our van that was stolen last night along with a brand new Mad River boat that was strapped to the roof!!

Its very distinctive as most people know, Dark Blue and Reg No. YT11 ZKC. Side window and sky lights together with ladder and bike rack on rear doors. Inside was quite distinctive too with its outfitting. Any info much appreciated

this is from Jules bernard . great coach

Propper writing in English. How do you do that? with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language.
    Sorry for all the mistakes.

Where was the van and canoe stolen from?

Quote Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
    Where was the van and canoe stolen from?
    Chesterfield

Check out Gumtree. There's a nearly new mad river in Norfolk. could it be your canoe?

Thanks, but if you mean this one, its a Horizon 17 and I believe the missing canoe to be a Legend.

Default Wenohnah Prospector Stolen from Herts Area

I have reports coming in of a Wenohnah Prospector in Cream being stolen from Baldock and District Canoe Club over the Weekend, whilst they were enjoying a BBQ at Herts Canoe Club. The Wehnonah is a Lewis and Clarke special and is pretty distinictive with a patched front end as well as being a pretty light beige colour. Please Keep a look out for it and let me know if you get a sighting of it.
    If you get a sight of a new boat in the area contact us on peter.nash@yahoo.co.uk
    Have a look at www.whooshexplore.co.uk website for more images of the boat, its the one with the children in it pulling funny faces
    Peter

Last edited by Chainsaw; 21st-April-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: little help and moved to correct section

dog-dirty and loaded for bear.

I'm really sorry that I've just found this thread, and I hope Merlin had some response to his Prospector being nicked.

Last summer we had 2 brand new and indellably? marked with address, Grey Owl Voyageur paddles nicked within an hour.

I wish those who have lost stuff well and hope that the lack of postings here is good news...............

Default Wooden Freestyle Paddle Missing

At this year's English Canoe Symposium at YMCA Lakeside, Lake Windermere, my beautiful wooden Freestyle paddle has disappeared.
    I had left it in Andy's black Wildfire over lunch, on Sunday 12 November. When Lennart took the boat for his afternoon session the paddle wasn't there anymore.

This paddle was custom made for me by Dirk Stephan, a brilliant paddle builder from Germany. The picture below shows my paddle.
    Very much appreciated if you could keep your eyes open for this paddle and notify me if it shows up!!

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Mark

sorry to hear that, mark. i hope your paddle will be found and turns up!