Thread: Hi from Liverpool

Thumbs up Hi from Liverpool

New to this site so thought i'd intro self. Many years paddler but recently not had mich time so want to get back into paddling. Looking for that rare breed the open boater's rather than kayaker's. Want to increase my paddling in the North West, North East Wales, South West Yorks but am familiar with the lakes and scotland as well. Love the, grade 2 touch 3 water, passing slowly through placid water for miles on miles just one quiet paddle stroke after another, and the canoe camping with preferably open fires and no camp sites. Live the Bill Mason as much as possible thats my dream. Unfortunately cant get the wife to paddle with me as often as I would like.

Welcome to Song of the Paddle.

I am sure you will find paddlers in your area. It is worth keeping an eye on the meet up section or you can even post a thread saying when you are going your next paddle and ask if anyone wants to join you.
    John

Welcome to the forum, you've certainly found the right place from what you've written!

Your right - its easy to find other kayakers around, but finding other open boaters is a whole different matter!

I've only been on one meetup so far via this site, but it was well worth it. We have Magikelly to thank for creating this great meeting place! Like you I enjoy the combination the thrill from white and chillout nature of placid water.

Happy Paddlin'

Roly.

Hi mate glad you found your way here.
    I think Roy is from your neck of the woods and sounds like he gets lots of paddling done.Might be worthwhile getting in touch. Mike B...