Thread: Search Results

Default Search Results

Just did a check as the records show that the Google Spiders have found the main site.

If you search on

Song of the Paddle
    or
    Canadian canoe forum
    or
    Open Canoe Forum
    or
    Open Canadian Canoe Forum

we are in the top half dozen results in the UK only results and often in the top international results as well. So hopefully those with an interest in Open Canoes and looking for a forum to share that interest will be able to find us now even if they did not get notified with the club emails that went round.
    John

Lancashire, somewhere in the Tenth Century

Just a little tip to boost your search ratings.

Most engines read the alt tags on your pictures to "see" what your content is about.

The top 1 pixel line of my site is stacked full of 1x1 pixel images the same colour as the background all tagged with lots of keywords.

these are so small nobody ever trips them unless they are looking for them so the tags are effectivly invisible.

Try not to repeat them more than 4 or 5 times or the engine may realize you are cheating and ignore them.

It got my site a very good rating very fast indeed.
    Wayland
    "Trust me I'm a Viking"

Wayland's World

Thanks for the tip. I did make sure I used the phrases, I wanted to score high on, a lot in the page text.

To be honest I am happy enough with the search results we are getting so will probably not adjust anything unless there are some keywords I realize I have missed.
    John

Lancashire, somewhere in the Tenth Century

The only word I can see that you may have missed is "Information"
    Wayland
    "Trust me I'm a Viking"

Wayland's World

Please ignore this post. I just needed a third post in order to get the right to send a privat message.