Thread: Scouts need a seat for Pyranha Tuffy

Default Scouts need a seat for Pyranha Tuffy

Just on the off chance does anyone have any suggestions (sensible ones please) where I can acquire a seat for a Pyranha Tuffy Vision kk?

Our Scout Group were given a very good condition hull with rigid bouyancy but no seat

Any ideas

Ideally a defunct or damaged boat that we could cannabilise would be ideal.

Thanks
    PeterW3035

"there is nothing - absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
    Kenneth Grahame
    The Wind inthe Willows

I have seen Tuffy Masters but never a Tuffy Vision, i think your only hope is to contact Pyranha and ask them which seat it was and which other boats used the same seat to widen the search.

OR you could fit a foam saddle and call it a canoe! C1

and i bet you could get a grant to pay for these C1 conversion bits from Awards for All or Sport England (after all we did get a silver medal doing this!)

Default Pyranha Seat

I did try speaking to Pyranha, but it felt as though they thought I was mad and asking for the earth.

Never mind the search goes on but I do like the idea of fitting a foam saddle and calling it a C1. Four years on and you never know one of the Scouts could be ready for the Olympics
    PeterW3035

"there is nothing - absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
    Kenneth Grahame
    The Wind inthe Willows

That sounds like the response i got when trying to source some master and mountain bat parts a few years ago, perception were the same when a colleague tried to find solutions to nose cone repairs on carolinas.

either they are only interested in selling new boats, or they only help canoeists with repairs and think kayaks are not worth fixing

Default Kayak seat

I think to former, fuelling our throw away society with more new kit and not believing that kayaks can get broken.

Whether canoeists would fair any better, probably not
    PeterW3035

Kenneth Grahame
    The Wind inthe Willows

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

Quote Originally Posted by teespaddler View Post
    That sounds like the response i got when trying to source some master and mountain bat parts a few years ago, perception were the same when a colleague tried to find solutions to nose cone repairs on carolinas.

either they are only interested in selling new boats, or they only help canoeists with repairs and think kayaks are not worth fixing
    I have to disagree with you there - Andre at Perception could not have been more helpful when one of our Acadias was holed. Told us there was years of life left in it and helped us with repair instructions and materials.
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Default Pyranha Seat

Maybe I should try Perception then and see if they have a seat that would fit a Pyranha

Do you have contact details that you could let me have?

Thanks
    PeterW3035

Kenneth Grahame
    The Wind inthe Willows

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

Here are Perception's contact details - ask for Andr
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Default Pyranha Seat

Thanks Fran, I will give them a try.
    PeterW3035

Kenneth Grahame
    The Wind inthe Willows