Thread: Song of the Paddle

Default Song of the Paddle

Do any of you bring along an instrument on your trips?

How do you transport it?

What are some of your favorite campfire songs?

Take a canoe, turn it upside down, use it as a percussion instrument?

Or..............

Take a percussion instrument, turn it upside down, use it as a canoe
    http://www.walk-dartmoor.blogspot.com/

That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    Take a percussion instrument, turn it upside down, use it as a canoe
    Hmmm considering the waiting time for the hanghang and the cost of them, I'll take more care of my drum - if it ever arrives - than I do of my canoe *g*

Cool

Any paddle (if not bent) makes a nice air guitar.

Nah, don't take anything. Am happy that it's quiet out there. Not even a radio. Hearing me sing is considered dangerous anyway...

There has to be someone with a banjo????

Talking

Sure there is one guy with a Banjo. He's small and yellow, I can't hear him but the others seem to like his music, as they keep whistling along...

shhh, my girl friend might see this and nag me to lug her guitar up to scotland next week.

so far so good - she hasn't thought to bring it, it's not that she cant play it, i just have no idea how we would fit it into the boat with us and 7 days worth of gear , it's only a novacraft prospector 15.

I did however buy a tin penny whistle off ebay a whiel back thinking "that looks easy, i bet i could play that like jimi hendrix can play a guitar".

It turns out that it's actually bloody difficult to play the thing and has been stuck between the wall and my desk for the past few months

it's not that she cant play it, i just have no idea how we would fit it into the boat with us and 7 days worth of gear , it's only a novacraft prospector 15.
    Guitar could double up as a paddle!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by banger View Post
    There has to be someone with a banjo????

The banjo players normally sit on the bridge, as you pass beneath in your canoes, with burt reynolds, john voight,the guitar player with the specs and the plump fella with the pork pie hat and at times, very high pitched voice, along for the adventure
    R.B.

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Just North of Portsmouth. "Over the hill".

It always amased me how the Deliverance boys managed to keep that guitar intact.

But in reponse to your questions Bushgirl.... A harmonica,,,, in a pocket,,,, can't play it for toffee,,,, and can't sing for toffee either,,,, which all works just fine for me cos I never much liked toffee anyway!

I'm pretty good with a didgerydoo though,,,, one note is about as much as I can cope with.

How about you?

A fiddle/violin takes very little space.
    Coogs

He think's thats funny

Default Guilty

Sorry guys, if you hear a banjo on Loch Lomond it's only me entertaing the wallabys JIM.

[IMG][/IMG]

Micawber - I can play the guitar part of Banjo duel so we could be looking at a duette !
    PWC

Thumbs up Duet.

Hi Perthshire Wood Canvas, if you can play cripple creek,& foggy mountain breakdown we can have Loch Lomond to ourselves, Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedfiremaker View Post
    I did however buy a tin penny whistle off ebay a whiel back thinking "that looks easy, i bet i could play that like jimi hendrix can play a guitar".
    Did you discover that you can play it like Jimi Hendrix can play a tin penny whistle instead?

I take a duckgo.

Only my singing voice, as an instrument of torture. But I try not to inflict my singing on others... So that would be a 'No'.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

You folks make me smile... I play guitar and sing, but I've only been doing day trips this summer due to the whole full-time job thing, so I haven't had the urge to drag it with me yet. I was considering a longer trip sometime in the next couple weeks and thought it might be nice to play by a campfire... but I haven't come up with a surefire waterproofing technique yet.

A friend of mine used to bring his along on our trips, but there were so many of us out on a trip that we could move all the gear to other canoes while someone sat in the middle of ours and played...

I'm thinking it would probably be best to keep the guitar at home. lol

Hi Bushgirl,

have you ever thought about buying a travel guitar? Do a google search and you should get loads of hits. I am considering buying one as it would be ideal to fit in a large drybag.

Cheers matey

I do have something like a travel guitar; a little kid guit that never gets played by my little sister... I'm sure she wouldn't notice it was missing! hmmm...

.... and just how do you keep those solar powered Marshall amps dry in this weather?
    You don't stop playing because you get old - you get old because you stop playing.