Thread: I've just booked...

Default I've just booked...

The Woodlore trip to the Ardeche in May 2007.

http://www.raymears.com/courses.cfm?id=326

I'm not certain what it's going to be like, but I've heard very good things about the trip - has anyone been?

If not, once I've done it I'll write up a review to give everyone an idea....!!

Phil

Not asyet, however I've got a holiday coming in a couple of weeks and it's a 50/50 toss up at the moment between climbing in Pembroke or canoe/climbing in the Ardeche ....
    Happy paddling ,
    Rob.

Hope you have a great time! Of course you will be led on the river by Rays new best mate Ray Goodwin which should be a real hoot.

Looking forward to reading the review

Journal Entries

I know Sandbender has done it last year and this year but he is out the country right now. He certainly enjoyed it as he went straight out and bought a canoe.

I did the Ardeche many years ago as a teenager on an 'adventure holiday'. We had a great time (although even then, I was surprised at how 'busy' it was). That trip sowed the seed in my head which lead to my current love of open canoeing.

best
    Matt

(I also jumped off the Pont d'Arc pictured on the Ray Mears site - something of a 'dare' at the time - it was flippin' long way down!)
    Last edited by MattW; 20th-July-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW
    I did the Ardeche many years ago as a teenager on an 'adventure holiday'. We had a great time (although even then, I was surprised at how 'busy' it was). That trip sowed the seed in my head which lead to my current love of open canoeing.

best
    Matt

(I also jumped of the Pont d'Arc pictured on the Ray Mears site - something of a 'dare' at the time - it was flippin' long way down!)

Me too, the tour company was PGL who still run holidays to the same area, I hope my children will want to go on their trips, they were fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SunburyAndy
    Me too, the tour company was PGL who still run holidays to the same area, I hope my children will want to go on their trips, they were fantastic.
    Yep - that was the one - PGL
    I went on a few of their holidays and had a great time!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattW
    Yep - that was the one - PGL
    I went on a few of their holidays and had a great time!

Matt
    Now you've got me thinking!

My first Kayak experience was also with PGL back in Febuary 1979, they had to brake the ice before we could get on the lake.

I bet they don't allow that nowadays

Sorry we are pinching your thread - have a great time in the Ardeche, the scenary is stunning and no doubt you learn will lots