Thread: Paddle

Default Paddle

I recently obtained for Megan(8), a "Voyager" paddle. This is more of a white water paddle, square bottomed and a little heavy for her on the type of trips we are doing and intend to do more of.
    On my last trip up the K&A canal she borrowed my friend Rachel's Endless River "Osprey" paddle, and used it solo and with one of her chums tandem.
    She looked very natural with it. Very light, and good for her efficiency at steering. The shortest length I see is 60", but as a lot of this is blade, and the fact that she it used to playing (trying out) adult paddles, it should be something she can grow into quite quickly.
    Does anyone have anything similar they wish to part with?
    Richard
    What a long strange trip its been.......

Hi Richard
    I have a spare short paddle that lives in my paddle bag. You are welcome to have it to modify if you want. It's at home at the moment so I can't tell you the length, but it suits my wife who is 5'1".
    I'll bring it next time we meet up.

cheers Mike
    To every opinion there is always an equal and opposite opinion.
    (Newtons fourth law)

Hia

If Richard isn't interested could I nab it? My wife is good and compact and I'm looking for a paddle for her.

Joel

Thanks Mike,
    What kind of shape is it? Lets try and get out soon, summer holidays are here and I am thinking about filling my days off with lots of trips camping and the like. I will keep you informed.......
    Richard.
    What a long strange trip its been.......