Thread: Long Creek

Default Long Creek

My Family is not that close, we get together about twice a year but the sport of paddling seems to be getting us closer. When we had Family over from Derbyshire we even got them out paddling. There was a dunking but it was all good. I am not a mushy emotional person by any stretch of the imagination but I think paddling as a family is about the best thing anyone can do.
    A few weeks ago we went up Long Creek off of Washademoak lake near my uncles house an hour or so away. All in all we had a good time and now have an excuse to get together more often.

Mother in her Chili Pepper boat

Uncle Duncan in his Old Town Loon

Trying to keep up with the Bum Boaters

Negotiating the thrilling Class .05 slowpids

Break time and Hunter wants my water as Duncan breaks out the Oatmeal bars

Half of the McCormack Clan kids

Better a good name than a fine face I always say

Back to the put in spot by the covered bridge

Yeah; I know my family are all bum boaters but I have to take the family paddling when and where I can get it. I try to set a good example but they are forever consumed by the dark side of the paddle.
    Lloyd

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong

I was amused by this shot - "Negotiating the thrilling Class .05 slowpids".

That looks like a great day out - that's captured as much of the spirit of paddling as anything else does I'd say. My mum comes out with me sometimes, and she's just as happy in gentle water as when it goes lumpy, (but I need to be a bit more careful then)

If she was able to lug it around on her own, she'd go out and get a boat this morning. My old man's not keen on water, so finds something else to do.

Yeah; I know my family are all bum boaters but I have to take the family paddling when and where I can get it. I try to set a good example but they are forever consumed by the dark side of the paddle.
    All those "Bum Boats" really need is to have the cockpits widened a little. About 16ft should do nicely . You know you can do it Lloyd.
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyAyeMan
    Keep up the good work Lloyd. Perseverance is the key. You will win them over eventually
    John