Thread: Quick question

Default Quick question

Is it ok to include a scan of a map in a blogg or is there a copywrite problem?
    Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups
    My avatar is the crest of the McAlester clan -

www.macski.com

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neiltoo
    Is it ok to include a scan of a map in a blogg or is there a copywrite problem?
    Probably a copyright problem but I believe you can post a screen shot from Googlemap as long as you include the googlemap logo. There are also some online maps that people use which I do not think will be a problem.

Thanks, Ill check out the online maps
    Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups
    My avatar is the crest of the McAlester clan -

www.macski.com

Hi,
    I think if you put where you got the map from( i.e the website) then i think then its not copyright. I know when i did some work and got some stuff from the internet i had to add on a section to say which website i got them from. But then it might be wrong.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Multimap.co.uk are quite clear on whats allowable ....

Free Service:
    You are welcome to link to the maps as described in the 'Free Maps and Links' section of the site. This service enables you to provide a link from your website to a specific map within our website using a postcode. Please note that the map images always need to reside on our server due to copyright restrictions. Users are not permitted to download them or store them locally.
    If you use them it seems you must set the map up as you wish to display it on your computer first, and then post the URL from your web browser, your not allowed to actually snapshot the image and then use that.

Fair enough I guess from their point of view.

Rols.