Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

Hi everyone,
    I'm Joe, i live in Nottingham and i'm sort of young being 14. I will paddle any open canoe, i have a savage skeeter but i will be hoping to get a venture ranger, which i will use on short trips and on white water. I'm going for my 3* soon and i have been going over everything to make sure i know it so i am ready. Anyway i thought i'd say hi to everyone.( I was trying to get on the site before but my internet wouldnt register the website )

Anyway cheers all,

Joe

Hi joe welcome to the site I have a static caravan sited in the Trent valley between Nottingham and Newark so hoping to get some paddling in this summer on the Trent and later on in the year switch across to Derbyshire for the more fun stuff. Good luck with the 3* Mike B...

Welcome Joe, glad you finally got registered.

Good luck with the three star. I wish I had got into canoeing when I was still as young as you. When I think of all the time I have wasted that could have been spent canoeing it really annoys me Still you have started early so you will be spared that frustration.
    John

Default welcome

Hi Joe
    I love Nottingham I always call in to Desrerate Measures before a session at Holme pier pont. Danny was able to fix me up with a new wood/web seat he saved the day.Say Hi next tnme your in.

Good luck with the three star.

Kate

Hi all,
    I have been canoeing for two years now but i have been trying different boats and i have decided to go from wonting to do freestyle C1 to wonting to do more 'proper' open canoeing.
    I have never seen too many open canoer's down at holme peirre pont besides on a saturday morning when i paddle but when i get my 3* and a ranger 14 i will/ should be able to go on the river more.
    I dont know why the website couldn't be found before.

Cheers all and i'll hope to catch you on the water some time,

Joe

Default adyb

there seems to be enough 'nottinghamians' here to organise a pleasant river based 'pub crawl' one sunny sunday ?????

any takers ????

The 'Pub Crawl' sounds good, but being 14 i cant really get into pubs. But i like the trip up the canal there, i have only been up in the winter though.

Joe

Hi Joe,

welcome to the website. I started paddling when I was your age. My Grandfather lived in Canada for several years and when he came back to England he brought a canoe with him and taught me the basics.

I'm 47 now and still mad for it! Canoeing will get in your blood. Good luck on the 3 star, let us know how you get on.

regards