Thread: Wanted: Old Wooden Paddle

Just North of Portsmouth. "Over the hill".

Default Wanted: Old Wooden Paddle

Hey Guys.

I'm looking for an old wooden paddle for a pyrography project. Pyrography being burning pictures onto wood with a hot wire pen.

Anything will do, the older and more battered the better. The only stipulation is that the blade must be plain, ie not one of those nice paddles made by laminating different coloured woods.

Can anyone help?

I hear Retro's got a paddle he's not using.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

May all your winds be gentle. And for ww - May it rain the night before.

Can't help with the paddle but here's a couple of pics of some pyrography that i've tried.

These are done on a couple of my homemade plywood paddles using a soldering iron.

Jon.

Thanks TGB!

Who is "Retro"? I haven't got to know many people on here yet, are you guy's way up in the Lake District somewhere?

Top job Jondavy!

That's exactly along the lines of what I want to do, only what I have in mind is more for display purposes. Hence I'm looking for the additional character from something battered and buised.

Kind regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Horsedribble View Post
    Thanks TGB!

Who is "Retro"? I haven't got to know many people on here yet, are you guy's way up in the Lake District somewhere?
    Yes. Both Retro and me are in the Lakes. But do drop him a line about his unused paddle. Mention me when you do, I'm sure he'll be happy to help out.

TGB
    May the gentleness of morning, greet your silent passage through endless waters...

Quote Originally Posted by TGB View Post
    Yes. Both Retro and me are in the Lakes. But do drop him a line about his unused paddle. Mention me when you do, I'm sure he'll be happy to help out.

TGB
    You mean the Ferrari of paddles don't you ? as discussed else where Well it will be in the water even if its the bath in 5 months 25 days

Quote Originally Posted by retro View Post
    You mean the Ferrari of paddles don't you ? as discussed else where Well it will be in the water even if its the bath in 5 months 25 days
    So only 178 days to go. But who's counting..?

TGB

I've got one. It needs a lot of wood removed to turn it into a canoe paddle, but it is the right shape, and could be made suitable with some well directed effort.
    Richard.
    What a long strange trip its been.......

Hi Richard.

I don't suppose it still has leaves on it perchance??

I've been meaning to give you a shout now I'm back regarding meeting up for a paddle sometime.

Dave.

I am away camping this weekend, but if you can get to Emsworth I will leave it by my front door. PM me if this suits.
    Richard.
    What a long strange trip its been.......