Thread: 3 or more seater open canoe wanted (old town preferably)

Exclamation 3 or more seater open canoe wanted (old town preferably)

Old town preferably wanted 3/4 seater canoe wanted, will pay the right money for right canoe, must be in good condition, tom

Lottie.Lou is selling her Old Town Allagash. At 16'4 it should easily be able to accommodate a centre seat.
    'Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are wet'

thanks, already seen that one, really looking for one in better condition, tom

Default OT canvas seat option too?

I expect you know, but just in case it would assist your configuration and plans, Old Town make a very nice canvas seat with metal gunwale clips.
    I bought mine in Old Town itself when I saw it on a visit to Maine, but they are easy to order online or through the usual UK sources.
    With three children, it was always slightly problematic when they were younger to find the appropriate seating. So armed with the canvas seat we could always hire two tandem canoes wherever we were in North America on a visit, and then manoeuvre around. The slides actually assist in sorting out trim on the 'three person' canoe as kids get older and weigh more, or when you need to shift gear loading backwards and forwards.
    The canvas seat is clearly not as robust as a fixed seat, but it is perfectly adequate for easy whitewater.
    Interestingly, now the kids are grown up, I still occasionally take two parents and two of the kids in just the one 'family boat', our battered but still very functional Old Town Discovery Scout. But the two acting as 'ballast' are invariably happy to sit on the floor, chatting, and saying that it is 'too difficult to paddle from that position!'

thanks for your message, i want one that will comfortably(ish) seat 3/4 adults preferably lol

any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Lottie.Lou is selling her Old Town Allagash. At 16'4 it should easily be able to accommodate a centre seat.
    Amelia is spot on, my old Allagash had 3 seats, I have even managed to find you a picci - it's nice boat too (especially in a straight line)

According to their website http://www.celticcanoes.co.uk have a few ex-hire boats for sale - they've got Old Town Discoveries, which all seemed to be in good condition.
    'Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are wet'