Thread: Apache for an sp3 or similar

Default Apache for an sp3 or similar

I'm not convinced I'm yet ready to let my apache go but I'm putting this out there for discussion in case anyone is interested.

I'm looking for a bigger boat more suitable for tandem and family use as well as mostly solo and capable of a bit more abuse.

Having tried a Nova craft SP3 courtesy of Mr Jordan, this boat seems to fit my requirements perfectly. If anyone is interested that would be my first choice and I will consider including a bit of cash for the right swap. I would also consider Venture Prospector, Charles river or similar and am open to suggestions...no offence but i've ruled out colemans, pelicans etc...

The swapee wants an Apache canoe because they want a much lighter, much faster, prettier Canoe mostly at home on flatwater, slow rivers, lakes and canals that is perfect as a solo canoe with the option of occasional tandem use for medium sized paddlers (not 2 x 17 stone men like me and most of my lardy mates)

Picture below is the original fit out though I have now removed the centre seat that was fitted for solo use and replaced with a yoke as I found that seated on the front seat with the boat in reverse is the prefect trim for me. I still have this seat and it will be included. I have also now laced front and back of the canoe for airbags.

My Apache quietly doing what it does best (picture coutesy of keithD)
    Last edited by DanDan; 27th-June-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: clarity

Should you not get the swap you need and will consider selling it let me know and I will sell on my Big old Coleman outback 16.

Dodgy joints (elbows & Kness) means I need a lighter boat and the coleman tanker takes two big fellas to lift.

Good choice of next boat by the way and not too heavy.

Sean
    Sean
    AKA Jammy
    [/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

Thanks sean I'll bare that in mind.

DanDan

Quote Originally Posted by DanDan View Post

Having tried a Nova craft SP3 courtesy of Mr Jordan, this boat seems to fit my requirements perfectly. If anyone is interested that would be my first choice and I will consider including a bit of cash for the right swap. I would also consider Venture Prospector, Charles river or similar and am open to suggestions...no offence but i've ruled out colemans, pelicans etc...

Or similar includes Madriver - Explorer TT, Legend, Horizon etc..

Change of plan - No longer available to swap but I will be selling soon and moving this to the for sale section.

DanDan