Thread: Hi from the "Bonnie Banks"

Default Hi from the "Bonnie Banks"

Hi, just thought I'd say hello, I'm from Loch Lomond and I'm delighted I've found this site, kinda flabbergasted that there's so many members from Scotland.

Welcome to Song of the Paddle. We have quite a few members from Scotland and quite a few of us paddle your local water. Where abouts on Loch Lomond are you based?
    John

Based in Alexandria

You're pretty close to a few members then.

What sort of canoe have you got? I'll need to look out for it when I am in the area.
    John

Interesting

I've got an Old Town Discovery and also one made locally that I had a square transome built into so I could use an engine, used to have an Ottersport in the 70s, but I sold it, wish I hadn't.

A pal just bought a Discovery last week and we're off right now to Luss for a "Jaunt"

Hi John,

Magikelly's right - there are a fair few of us based near Loch Lomond. Best thing is to keep an eye on the 'meet ups' section - e.g. a few of us were up near Luss on Saturday, and you would have been most welcome to join in.

Alternatively, if you're going somewhere yourself, post up where and when, - you never know what mottley crew might turn up if it's within Central Scotland .

Blutack.
    The Canoeist's prayer: "Lord grant me the serenity to walk the portages I must, The courage to run the rapids I can, And the wisdom to know the difference".

John Muir Trust - Wild Places for Nature & People.

Sounds good ti me Blutack