Thread: just saying hello

Default just saying hello

Hi,

My name is Ed Bassett and I live in Kent, England with my wife and 2 teenage children (aaaaaaargh). I am 47 years young and I have been paddling for about 30 of those!

I currently paddle a prospector 16' (royalex) although I also have a 14' Hermes, a 14' Ranger and a pack.

My main interest is wilderness tripping and I have led trips in Arctic Canada, North America, Kenya and Central America. Also, because I live in the South East, I paddle in France very frequently (no access issues).

I am very lucky that paddling forms part of my job as a lecturer in expedition skills and canoe coach, and I also run a small adventure holiday business called EB Adventures.

I'm always happy to find new people to paddle with and hope to meet some other members to share top tips and handy hints.

Ed

Hi Ed

Glad you could join us. Welcome to SOTP. We haven't spoken for some time now. As you can see I've really got the bug since the lesson you gave us last year. Am now the proud owner of a Bell Yellowstone Solo as well as my original Charles River canoe. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers

Matt
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Default hi

Hi Matt, hows things? glad to see you still paddling. Lets meet up for a paddle and chat sometime soon.

have you still got my number?

Regards

Ed

Welcome Ed. Sounds like you will have a lot to offer the forum I hope we can be of use to you too.
    John

Thanks john. I hope to be an active member and get a lot from the site as well as put a lot in. I am a very experienced coach and unlike many people I started my paddling career in open boats. They are my greatest passion after my family (my wife sometimes doubts that canoes come second) and this site is ideal.

If you want a little taste of some of my adventures look in the BCU Handbook under inclusive expeditions. I was leader of the Coppermine River Expedition in 1997.

regards,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ed bassett
    Hi Matt, hows things? glad to see you still paddling. Lets meet up for a paddle and chat sometime soon.

have you still got my number?

Regards

Ed
    Yes, I do still have your number Ed. Would be great to meet up some time. After a slow start, the number of Kentish paddlers on SOTP is suddenly growing, so I hope to try and arrange some kind of meet some time as well.

Be in touch.

Matt
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.