Thread: Introduction to white water on the Tay

Default Introduction to white water on the Tay

I'm paddling in Scotland this weekend an can offer an introduction to white water trip on the Tay this Sunday. The trip is ideal for those who are already confident on flat water who would like to progress to moving water. You won't just be left to get on with it - I will be coaching river running skills and reading white water etc.

Depending on water levels we will probably get in at Kenmore (Loch Tay) and paddle to Aberfeldy. An alternative may be to start at Kenmore, paddle down to the Lyon and pole up a short section of this river.

I'm heading to Aberfeldy on Friday so please reply before then if you're interested. Places will be limited to a maximum of five canoes.

What sort of start and finish times do you expect?
    John

We'll probably be meeting for 10.00am, finishing about 4.00pm. This can be flexible depending on where people are travelling from.

Hmmm, not much interest yet - maybe too short notice. If any paddlers beyond beginners to white water would like to come along that would be good, too.

Default It's a great place to learn!

If you are swithering (i.e. no sure) Then it is definetely a great place to learn. The Tay is a nice river . It is where many of the instruction schools are based because it is ideal.

I know it is the start of the school holidays here in Scotland (I'm doing family visits so will be in England), but I'm sure that everyone who goes will have fun .

Go to it.

Philip

Unfortunately due to the timings and other commitments I can't make this, although I would have loved too. I should be able to make the Loch Ard paddle on the same day but it starts later, is nearer and should finish earlier.

Hopefully the next time.
    John

I am loathe to pass up the opportunity as I know both the water and also the quality of Kim's coaching. However, I've only been able to get a couple of hours of paddling leave, so I'll probably try and call in at the Loch Ard meet.

The other factor is I'll have my 8 year old son Ross with me and I'm still a near novice on moving water.

If you were thinking of doing it again, Kim, I for one would be very interested.