Thread: hand made leather belt for sale

Default hand made leather belt for sale

Well, it's time to try and generate some "paddle cash"
    I made a couple of leather belts last week, made from top quality veg tan hide, hand sewn with artificial sinew ( which does not rot) and with solid brass buckles and belt loop. they have a leather belt loop as well and both are dyed dark brown.
    if required, they can be used for stropping your knife.

the one on the left has in fact already gone to a paddler but the one on the right is still available.
    it's the lower one in the picture here;it will fit 30"-34" and is 1.25" wide. The buckle is a "flat horseshoe"

I often decorate my leather stuff but these are pretty simple, just stamped on the loop and on the tip.

I tend to do "freestyle" or "abstract" decoration, as I'm not that keen on using lots of leather stamps.

I'm asking 22.50 + 2.50 p+p

I will be making one or two more over the next few weeks,( assuming anyone's interested!) so if you want one with a different style buckle just let me know, and I'll see if I can sort you out.
    Each one is unique, as I'm hopeless at repetition hopeless at repetition

Anywho, thanks for looking

Steve
    Last edited by rancid badger; 28th-May-2008 at 06:06 AM.

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Default belts

And very nice it is.
    Thanks Steve.
    Soloman.
    It is not that I object to the work, mind you; I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
    Jerome.K.Jerome

Very nice work.

I would like one with a roller type buckle (like the one thats gone) to fit a 32" waist.

Do you do knife sheaths as well?
    I Started out with nothing! and i still have most of it left.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    Very nice work.

I would like one with a roller type buckle (like the one thats gone) to fit a 32" waist.

Do you do knife sheaths as well?

No problem, but it'll take a few days to sort out for you-probably till next week as I'm away paddling on Friday

I can make you a knife sheath but it depends on the type of knife you have, as to whether I can just knock one together or would need you to send the knife to me for correct fitting etc.

pm me with more details on the knife and I'm sure I can sort you out
    I'll try to post a picture or two of some of my leather work for reference

cheers
    Steve

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Exclamation leather work pictures( lots-sorry)

I've made a few bits and pieces and most people are fairly complimentary

Anyway, here are a few bits:

this a possibles pouch

A sheath I made for my Bernie Garland Bushcrafter;

a beautiful knife by the way, very well made and Bernie's a cracking bloke to deal with

then some "doodles"
    I tend to make these things for something to keep me busy and they normally end up being "doodled" on I can make plain items too of course

I also make "mystery belts" although the last one ended up VERY long! ( measure 5 times cut once?)
    This is it before dying

And then dyed and polished etc.

this is a wildlife hatchet mask I made because i don't like the GB ones:

And finally! A little knife and sheath I made and still use a lot:this one was of the first attempts, hence the rough stitching etc

it's amazing what you find when you start raking through old photo's

Sorry if this is a bit boring and not very canoey

best wishes
    Steve
    Last edited by rancid badger; 28th-May-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Don't apologise , sir! Very, very good, indeed! Thee are a talanted man, Rancid Badger.

TF
    Chaste Snow-drop, venturous harbinger of Spring,
    And pensive monitor of fleeting years!

I have a little of RBs leatherwork( a very small piece) but it is a work of art!
    The man is a true artist!

Yorkshire,Gods own country(Apart frae Scotland of course)

Beautiful workmanship if I may say so,I will be in touch re a belt pouch, soon I expect as I can forsee you being quite a busy chap!

brilliant
    nice to see home grown talent making individual quality items they look the leather equivalent of a good quality paddle -- the one you cant stop admiring
    i was just wondering roughly the price for a pouch similar to the one shown ( not mentioned it at home yet but you never know)
    nature is m X-box

I'm impressed.......it's nice to see quality leatherwork. I'm wondering what a sheath would cost ish?

Taran
    Taran: Chaos, Panic and disorder? My work here is done!

Thumbs up thank you kindly

Thanks to everyone for their very kind compliments.
    The truth is I didn't expect anywhere near as much interest in my work.
    I only do it as a craft type hobby, although it's obviously handy to be able to sell bits on, in order to both make room and finance more work!

Rocket: I'm sorting out a pm later on

andym: If your talking about the large'ish possibles pouch, a plain one,would be 45 inc p+p it would be a similar size and shape but the colour is up to you and it wouldn't have those huge "d" rings

Taran: Knife sheaths I can do, but unfortunately, only if I have the knife to use as a form, both for a pattern and for the wet moulding of the sheath. If its for a Frosts Mora, super swede folder or a Bernie Garland Bushcrafter, it's not a problem otherwise you would have to post your knife to me.
    For a simple, plain sheath for a Frosts Mora, I would charge 22.50 inc p+p
    For a BG Bushcrafter, it would be 28.50 inc p+p

things are getting a bit busy now, so it looks likely that I may have to ask people to wait quite a while for anything they order. I may even have to limit the numbers as I simply won't have time for anything else!

Belts only take a couple of days to complete, as long as I have enough fittings/material.
    A large-ish possibles pouch, like the one illustrated, will take a full week to finish.
    A plain knife sheath, about three days.

As for decoration; well sadly, I'm really not an artist! or if I am, it's accidental! I'm what is known as a "doodler" it's just that I doodle on leather, rather than a pad
    The point is, I am hopeless at producing specific artwork, I can do "interpretation", or stone/bronze age abstract stuff but I tend to just set away and see what happens

I hope this lot answers a few points anyway but I'll contact you all via pm with specific details as soon as I can

Thanks very much once again
    best wishes
    Steve

im very impressed with the work that you do with leather.could you recomend a book that i can learn from to try some my self?id like to make a collar for my greyhound as i cant find anything i like.thanks,john.
    If a hammer wont fix it it must be an electrical problem

Default book ideas

Quote Originally Posted by lord john View Post
    im very impressed with the work that you do with leather.could you recomend a book that i can learn from to try some my self?id like to make a collar for my greyhound as i cant find anything i like.thanks,john.
    Thanks John, like most people, I started with a "dabble" but quickly got drawn into it

I decided to buy a book after a few weeks as I wanted to know more. I started with; "the art of hand sewing leather" by Al Stohlman.
    This is a very good beginners book, as it explains all the basic techniques in a fairly clear fashion. It offers ideas on a basic set of tools but also gives you an idea of some of the vast range available. This one is 10 from leprevo or probably cheaper on amazon?
    The next one I bought was;"leathercraft tools" again by Al Stohlman, really just the next step on, again ,I think 10.
    I recently bought a copy of "the art of making leather cases vol 1", you guessed it, by Al Stohlman this one has various patterns and ideas, as well as more advanced techniques, most of which, to be honest, I don't have the time or inclination to faff on with. This one was 14

There are numerous other books by the same author, they all have a few things in common; They are all quite dated, for example: in reference to material measurement and in the style/design of many of the "projects" and the suggested decoration is 1950's60's but that said; they are still very handy "how to books"

There are of course other books, many more modern etc but these are the ones I have at the moment. I would suggest buying the first one and see how you go.
    If you check out Le Prevo's website, there are some very basic "how to" instructions on there for free

Just one more bit of advice; dont use a drill for your stitch holes! a lot do, including me when I started, but your finished item will look much nicer and probably be stronger if you use a diamond awl for stabbing the holes-some will disagree but that's my 8.40's worth

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you need advice.If I can't help,I'll pass you on to someone who can.

Hope this helps, John

A note for anyone who has contacted me with requests for things like zippo pouches or items with specific decoration; you might try Eric Methven, he has posted on here in the past but more often on BCUK, he is very talented in the "art" department, as are several others on there.

best wishes
    Steve

Default Three to go

I now have for sale the following three belts:

The plain, Dark Brown one above, with double rectangular brass buckle and solid brass "d" loop is made to fit 30-40 inch waist, this allows it to be worn over the top of winter clothing if you have a 30-34 inch waist and if you are larger than this...well it'll fit a larger waist

Then the British Tan one in the centre, with solid brass, flat horseshoe buckle and solid brass "d"loop;will fit 28-36 inch waist-(see note lower down)

And finally; the one piece plaited "mystery" belt, the separate thongs of the plait are in fact all still one piece, not sewn together. This is fitted with a solid brass West End buckle and again has a brass "d"loop. This is designed to fit a waist of 39-44 inches but can be worn smaller by the simple expedient of threading the belt through the buckle, pulling it, till it's comfortable and then putting the buckle pin through the braid.

The middle one is in fact 2nd quality, I went a little astray while sewing it and ended up with not as tidy a job as I would prefer:

The usability of the belt is not affected and as can be seen below, when fastened, the stitching is completely out of sight.

The "male" end of the braided belt:supposed to be a "serpent" theme, highlighted in green.

Prices:
    Dark Brown plain:25 inc p+p
    British Tan (messy sewing):18 inc p+p
    Brown Plaited:32 inc p+p

Thanks again for looking
    Steve

Default price reduction!

price of the British tan belt dropped to 15.
    cheers
    Steve

Default Watch the rocks!

Gentle bump!
    all still available at the moment
    Steve

Default British tan belt

The British tan belt is now SOLD
    Any more for any more?
    cheers
    Steve

Hi Steve,

I'd like the brown plaited please. Can you PM me to say how you'd like the money (Paypal, Amazon voucher?).

Best Wishes

Frank
    The impossible we do at once - miracles take a little longer!

Default brown plaited belt

Thanks Frank
    pm received and returned.

So thats the plaited belt SOLD pending funds

Any takers for the last one?

best wishes
    Steve

ps- looking good for another trip to Ullswater now!

Arrow Sold

Final belt now also SOLD ( on bcuk)
    thanks everyone

I reckon I'm good for a second weekend on Ullswater now!
    best wishes
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by rancid badger View Post
    Well, it's time to try and generate some "paddle cash"
    I made a couple of leather belts last week, made from top quality veg tan hide, hand sewn with artificial sinew ( which does not rot) and with solid brass buckles and belt loop. they have a leather belt loop as well and both are dyed dark brown.
    if required, they can be used for stropping your knife.

the one on the left has in fact already gone to a paddler but the one on the right is still available.
    it's the lower one in the picture here;it will fit 30"-34" and is 1.25" wide. The buckle is a "flat horseshoe"

I often decorate my leather stuff but these are pretty simple, just stamped on the loop and on the tip.

I tend to do "freestyle" or "abstract" decoration, as I'm not that keen on using lots of leather stamps.

I'm asking 22.50 + 2.50 p+p

I will be making one or two more over the next few weeks,( assuming anyone's interested!) so if you want one with a different style buckle just let me know, and I'll see if I can sort you out.
    Each one is unique, as I'm hopeless at repetition hopeless at repetition

Anywho, thanks for looking

Steve

Hi,
    Are you still making belts?

Thumbs up

Yes, indeed I am
    or at least can do if you would like one made

atb

Steve

Yes, indeed I am
    or at least can do if you would like one made

atb

Steve
    Hi, Could you message me you Email address please. Theres so many types,I might get one thats already beend scrolled a long and send it to you for my initials or name putting on. Can you write free style and small (if you get what I mean)? I'm Interested,spent to many hours looking at choncho's,buckles and what not last night but I think I'm best off with one thats ready as it would take a while and obviously more money to do some of the designs Ive seen. Theres so many. Message me your Email address please and I will send you some pictures of what I'm thinking of or some Ideas. Thanks Ste Ricky

I think you only need one more post to enable the PM system, might be easier than email ( at least for me ) in the long run

atb

Steve

I think you only need one more post to enable the PM system, might be easier than email ( at least for me ) in the long run

atb

Steve
    was wondering how come you never replied to my pm. Ive been meaning to look threw the site but aint had the time. please pm me your prices for a basic belt and I will get back to you with a few Ideas. Might have some sheaths too. Im going to put a little free site up for knifes as I have a ton of contacts world wide and ive received some Impressive Damascus folders.can get the fixed blades where I could then offer sheaths. I would like to do it as a hobby (what your doing) but money and spare time is a killer for me. speak soon fella.