Thread: Outfitting Kit - A Swap

Default Outfitting Kit - A Swap

As can pretty much be seen in;

http://www.coach2o.com/CanoeOutfitting.html

inc. Plastic Tubing, Lacing, Webbing, Triangles, rivets and washers. (No airbags, straps or Vinyl D Rings though)

A swap for something interesting? What have you got that you would like to offer?

Default How about:

Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    As can pretty much be seen in;

http://www.coach2o.com/CanoeOutfitting.html

inc. Plastic Tubing, Lacing, Webbing, Triangles, rivets and washers. (No airbags, straps or Vinyl D Rings though)

A swap for something interesting? What have you got that you would like to offer?
    How about:
    An oak handled, custom made firesteel and striker.
    Some super thick birch bark, for tinder( sorry-nowhere near enough to make even a tiny canoe)
    A hand made, belt/neck carrier, (complete with paracord lanyard) to fit the steel and a hand made leather drawstring pouch to put it all in.
    All the above made by me ( obviously didn't make the firesteel rod, just the handle!) all sewing done by hand, no machining.

please don't be offended if what I'm offering seems a bit stingey! I've no idea what your fittings are worth. I'm definitely interested, as I'm looking to fit out my Discovery in the near future.
    I make all sorts of things from wood, leather and bark as well as the occasional knife, so as long as it's not directly canoe related, I might have something knocking about

I can knock up some photo's if your interested

Best wishes
    Steve

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!

Sounds a great idea.

Would you like to PM me your address?

W
    Last edited by wilf; 12th-May-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    Sounds a great idea.

Would you like to PM me your address?

W
    Wouldn't you like to see what I'm offering first?
    This is the leather pouch, containing the kit:it isnt as big as it looks in the photo, but is soft so plenty of room for more kit if you wish.It's completely hand saddle stitched, using white linen 18/3 thread. The thong is leather but unfortunately the toggle bead is plastic

Here are the contents; Oak handled firesteel,with carbon steel striker. hand sewn belt or neck sheath for the firesteel, with paracord lanyard and six sheets of 2mm birch bark, (easily enough for at least twelve fires)

The belt/neck sheath is made from 3mm black leather, hand saddle stitched with black linen 18/3 thread. The steel will fit into either the top(best for on the belt) or the bottom ( for round the neck) as seen below.

Hope this is ok
    cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by rancid badger; 12th-May-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Now paddling Either a Gumotex Palava 400 Or a Gumotex Solar Pro 410c and LOVING IT!