Thread: Canoe magazine?

Default Canoe magazine?

Well, I've been learning to paddle for the past 4 weeks, and I absolutely love it! So what I'm after now is finding a dedicated magazine out there for me to read, is there any?

Cheers...
    Damian

I would rather have an amusing story to tell than a unfulfilled dream.

The most common magazines are Paddles and Canoe & Kayak. They generally both have a heavy Kayak bias, though this month's Canoe & Kayak has a couple of decent atricles on Open Canoeing. I have to say I only ever see them in canoe shops or in the very large W.H. Smiths in Bluewater shopping mall. Smaller W.H. Smiths or other newsagents never seem to have them.

I bought them frequently to begin with, but now I only buy them occasionally if I really feel like it. Like most magazines, they tend to repeat themselves a lot after you've read them a few times.

To be honest the best magazine I've seen is Canoe Focus which comes quarterly from the BCU with standard membership. Somehow it just seems a little more interesting than most. Being quarterly probably helps.
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Journal Entries

The only one that looks as if it fits the bill for me is Canoeroots from the USA. I have subscribed but have yet to receive a copy. UK wise they are all pretty heavily kayak based.

See this thread.

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...read.php?t=707

Journal Entries

Boundry Waters Journel is pretty good, though some of the articles are more about fishing than canoeing. I think it comes out quarterly.
    The perfect canoe -
    Like a leaf on the water

Journal Entries

I started getting Kanawa magazine and occasionally steal CanoeRoots from my friend Tim. Kanawa is about 70% canoe 25% kayak and 5% gear. It comes out quarterly.
    Lloyd

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...