Thread: Introduction

Thumbs up Introduction

Hi All

I found out about this site via A Yahoo group that I joined, opencanoes, you have created a great site here, I am new to open canoeing so any experiences I can pick up I am grateful for. This is the most comprehensive site that I have found, well done.

A little about myself: I am an older paddler (50's) and fairly new to paddling, I have kyacked for two years and have been paddling opens for six months. My club is the Upper Hamble Canoe Club. I live in Southampton, so mainly placid water (tidal) paddling. I have paddled the lower Dart once three weeks ago and was completely smitten with the experience. Well done for the site and I look foward to hopefully gaining some new friends and learning some new skills.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for your kind comments, hopefully the site will continue to provide you with information and inspiration. The plan is that the forum will be the focal point and the information generated here will work its way onto the main site as a more accessible and permanent record.

Once again welcome and if there is anything you need help with let me know.
    John