Thread: Canoe Lake Vrynwy

Default Canoe Lake Vrynwy

Hi all, Myself and a few friends are planning on an afternoon on Lake Vrynwy (Wales) on Saturday afternoon (24th) if anyone is interested. Just a lazy ole' afternoon. A varied level of experience and possibly a couple in those little kayak things knocking around as well. Will be plenty of support if you want to try different things or have a wet session. let me know if you're interested I will post details, directions etc. Also boat hire available if needed.

Lee.
    Leone_blanco

Default Lake Vrynwy

Hi been looking at Vrynwy for a while but won't be able to make it this weekend. While your out have a look to see what the potential is for a bivvy spot somewhere on the shore, or if you think it's a no go.

Cheers

Chris
    "All right" said Eeyore "We're going. Only don't blame me"

www.canoepaddler.me.uk

Bivvying as with all camping is forbidden around Lake Vyrnwy as it is privately owned by the Vyrnwy estate, the perimiter road is also very close to the waters edge so even if you tried 'a sly one' chances are you would be found out. There are a couple of camping spots not too far from the lake but the best bet is at Pistyll Rhaeadr OS LR 125 Gr 073295 bit of a drive but the view is worth it only a basic camp site though. One of the tallest waterfalls in the country. Plenty of good walking in the Berwyns too. There is also a privately owned bothy west of Llyn Tegid (Lake Bala) let me know if that interests you I will PM grid ref.
    Leone_blanco