Thread: Hi.

Default Hi.

Been looking for you for ages. What a great site this is.

I have always been an avid trekker/outdoor enthusiast, but had no previous interest in this subject, or any water sports.

My wife and I saw an advert for led canoe trips on the Tamar last summer and decided to give it a try (still not sure why). Part way through the day we both knew we were hooked.

After some research we bought our own canoe last autumn - Mad River Explorer - and have been out on local reservoir, Wimbleball. We also spent some time canoeing Derwentwater during our recent holiday.

We now need some proper instruction, and guidance on undertaking river trips. All advice gratefully received.

Graham.

Hi Graham
    Welcome to the site I am sure you will enjoy it here.
    With regards to training try the Open canoe association, family membership is only 30 and they have 1-3 star a training weekend in Devon 1 to 2 July which is free to members.
    I Started out with nothing! and i still have most of it left.

Welcome aboard. Good choice on the canoe!
    The perfect canoe -
    Like a leaf on the water

Welcome Graham.

You will find quite a few of us here who have come to canoeing from the outdoor enthusiast side of things as opposed to the water-sport side. For us the canoe is a way to get to and enjoy places where you cannot get on foot.

Keep an eye on the meet ups section as there is bound to be a meeting in your area some time and the members are usually very generous with their help.
    John