View RSS Feed

Life in a Northern Town

Crow's Trip Log

Rating: 6 votes, 4.00 average.

JUNE 2009 - NOVEMBER 2017

What a long strange trip it's been....

This is a little experiment to see if I can set up an ongoing trip log, to keep a record of my canoe trips in one place and have links to pictures and blogs of them. Kind of an ongoing blog of blogs, or a "metablog" maybe. Well, it keeps me out of trouble on dark winter nights when there's nowt on telly....

ONGOING....

TRIP LOG FOLLOWS BELOW....

Updated 21st-November-2017 at 08:00 PM by Crow

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PART 55 - July 2017 - September 2017

This is a log of canoe trips I've been on since joining SOTP. Or at least the ones that have been blogged. Click on the pictures to see the full blogs and trip reports.

208. Burnmouth to Berwick upon Tweed, July 2017

A cross border paddle down the coast, from Burnmouth in Scotland to Berwick upon Tweed in England, with a shuttle by bus. Quite a long and increasingly hard paddle in big swell and strange seas, finishing up at a caravan site up a cliff on the outskirts of Berwick.

209. Forth Bridges, July 2017

Dawn over the three Forth Bridges. Got up really early to be on the water at sunrise. Amazing light and perfect, glass calm sea. Crossed under the rail bridge to North Queensferry, then under the Road Bridge and back under the nearly finished Queensferry Crossing.

210. Summer Isles, September 2017

A paddle round the Summer Isles of Tanera Mor and Tanera Beag, from Achilitibuie, in glassy conditions.

211. Coigach Peninsula, September 2017

A paddle round the Ciogach Peninsula in Sutherland. Featuring otters, caves and seals. Followed by a trip to the Old Man of Stoer, to watch the climbers.

More to follow in due course. (I hope!!)
    Updated 3rd-October-2017 at 07:46 PM by Crow
    PART 56 - September 2017 - November 2017

This is a log of canoe trips I've been on since joining SOTP. Or at least the ones that have been blogged. Click on the pictures to see the full blogs and trip reports.

212. North Berwick, September 2017

A jaunt out from the beach at North Berwick in the packraft. With some kiting thrown in.

213. Loch Tummel, October 2017

Autumn colours on Loch Tummel in the Prism. With Allypally in her inflatable. Also featuring kelly kettle and a mini fungal foray.

214. River Almond, October 2017

An exploratory paddle with the packrafts down the River Almond and onward out to sea, ending up on Cramond Island. In the autumn sunshine and with a strong tailwind. Featuring some good whitewater rapids along the way.

215. River Leny, November 2017

A walk through the woods to view the Falls of Leny, then down the river by packraft to Callander. Featuring whitewater, lots of trees, and literary references. Plus cloven hooves.

More to follow in due course. (I hope!!)
    Updated 21st-November-2017 at 08:00 PM by Crow
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234