View RSS Feed

Life in a Northern Town

A crow's life...

1. Crow's Trip Log

JUNE 2009 - NOVEMBER 2017

What a long strange trip it's been....

This is a little experiment to see if I can set up an ongoing trip log, to keep a record of my canoe trips in one place and have links to pictures and blogs of them. Kind of an ongoing blog of blogs, or a "metablog" maybe. Well, it keeps me out of trouble on dark winter nights when there's ...

Updated 21st-November-2017 at 08:00 PM by Crow

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Cat Bells

Last week was half term, so I took a day off to go on a walk in the Lake District with Mrs. Crow, my younger son and his girlfriend.

We went up Cat Bells, a wee hill above Derwent Water.

No canoeing I'm afraid!

Derwent Water:

Mrs. Crow at the top:

Spent some time watching the crows ...
    Tags: "cat bells"
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A walk in Hulne Park - gothic tower and ducal graveyard

Still no boating yet this year, but we did go for a walk yesterday. Mrs. Crow
    took her camera, so these are all her pictures, bar one.

"Hulne Park is the only one remaining of the three parks that once surrounded Alnwick Castle in Northumberland, providing wood and meat for the table of the Percy family, the Dukes of Northumberland."

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Lazy Crow's Journal Digest

Most of you have busy lives and don't have time to read all the er... gems, that get posted here in the Journeaux section.

So, as a public service and at no additional cost, I have put together a handy bite sized summary of what you've been missing. For full details read the original journals. There's some good stuff in there. Honest!

Dec 26 MagiKelly I look like Stewart Granger
    Jan 03 Lloyd Bikini girls ...

Updated 3rd-February-2010 at 04:26 PM by Crow

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Marmalade

We have been making our year's supply of marmalade over the last few days. You need Seville oranges for this and they are only available for a few weeks in January each year, so it's now or never.

The recipe varies each year, but it goes something like this:

Marmalade Recipe

Seville Oranges - 3 lb 4 oz
    Sugar (Golden granulated or Demerara) - 6 lb 8 oz
    Water ...

Updated 1st-February-2010 at 07:46 PM by Crow (minor tinkering)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast